The Student Room Group

Will world governments ever create a virus for population control?

During the lockdown, I re-read a lot of my books out of boredom, including the maze runner and in the final book, it is shown that the flare virus was made for population control and for more resources for the rich.
This got me thinking, especially with Covid 19 lab theories , would world governments create a virus for population control?

Scroll to see replies

Far to many humans on the planet 7.9 billion at the last count it needs to be contained
Covid-19 has entered the chat
Not if they can just do 5g masts
tbh I am not sure , I feel like climate change will cause some environmental problems so population will reduce anyway
climate change will inevitably cause huge floodings, earthquakes and volcanic eruptions leading to a massive reduction in population
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
During the lockdown, I re-read a lot of my books out of boredom, including the maze runner and in the final book, it is shown that the flare virus was made for population control and for more resources for the rich.
This got me thinking, especially with Covid 19 lab theories , would world governments create a virus for population control?

Pretty *****y virus for 'population control' if it is one. The death toll barely constitutes a rounding error in death tallies.
Besides, mother nature is much better at creating fun viruses to wipe out bits of humanity. Call it the ultimate form of outsourcing.
Probably not, it is a lot of hassle when you can just allow the population to control its self through various means.
Reply 8
Original post by DiddyDec
Probably not, it is a lot of hassle when you can just allow the population to control its self through various means.

Do i detect a condom conspiracy brewing :holmes:
Original post by Napp

Yes full of holes pin pricks
I doubt it. Our population is self limiting anyway, whether that's as a result of not enough resources, space, natural disasters as a result of climate change etc. It's the same with most populations on the planet, eventually something stops the growth.
Original post by Napp

I was thinking more climate change and our dwindling resources... :erm:
Reply 12

They already have plenty of highly contagious highly deadly viruses etc in their various labs around the Wiorld, the only thing that they would need to do is come up with a way of releasing it that didn't arouse suspsicion it was done purposefully or in a way that would shift the blame onto another country.
Original post by JaseyB
They already have plenty of highly contagious highly deadly viruses etc in their various labs around the Wiorld, the only thing that they would need to do is come up with a way of releasing it that didn't arouse suspsicion it was done purposefully or in a way that would shift the blame onto another country.

Put it in the water supply
Original post by Napp
Pretty *****y virus for 'population control' if it is one. The death toll barely constitutes a rounding error in death tallies.
Besides, mother nature is much better at creating fun viruses to wipe out bits of humanity. Call it the ultimate form of outsourcing.

I mean Coronavirus definitely isntt for population control, that seafood market where they sell bats was clearly the cause, but world gov are using covid 19 to their adavantage, e,g, Hungary did a form of martial law during lockdown and protests in the west were banned for a while
Original post by laughinglad999
Put it in the water supply

Original post by laughinglad999
Far to many humans on the planet 7.9 billion at the last count it needs to be contained

why do you want to die
I doubt it. Our population is self limiting anyway, whether that's as a result of not enough resources, space, natural disasters as a result of climate change etc. It's the same with most populations on the planet, eventually something stops the growth.

also nuclear wars also are probably inevitable, especially North Korea, they have nuclear missiles and hate everyone
Reply 17
If the government wanted to achieve 'population control', I would expect them to come up with a more effective way of going about it.
Original post by LovelyMrFox
If the government wanted to achieve 'population control', I would expect them to come up with a more effective way of going about it.

what do u mean? I didnt say covid 19 is population control. I mean would world govs do a virus if resources run out
There is a book that was written in the 1980s that mentions a wuhan virus that would start testing in 2019 created by the Chinese government for population control.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending