The Student Room Group

Teacher/student relationships

Can a current student (age 16) date a former teacher who left a few months prior and has gone on to a completely different profession.
The legal age is 16, only if the elder person in the relationship is not in some position of authority over the younger (in which case it is 18.) I would argue that in this case, no it is not illegal, as the elder person is not in a current position of power over the younger.

Although I'm not a ... Law talking guy, so Idk.

Still wrong though I think.
Let me guess you have the schoolgirl kink
Reply 3
Original post by leopard202
Let me guess you have the schoolgirl kink

Lmao no I’m an 18 year old sixth former who found out an ex teacher has been sexting students still at the school... just wanting to know the law before deciding whether to report it or not 🤣
Original post by skiesofblue
Lmao no I’m an 18 year old sixth former who found out an ex teacher has been sexting students still at the school... just wanting to know the law before deciding whether to report it or not 🤣

Oh sorry 😂

Looks like he has the kink then. It’s quite a brave / audacious move sexting ex students who are 16. When did he leave the school?
Reply 5
Can a current student (age 16) date a former teacher who left a few months prior and has gone on to a completely different profession.

Yes, in theory, but you are still a school kid at age 16!
Reply 6
No, not a pervert but his judgement is very poor. People can get married at 16 with parental permission though.
Personally I’d report it to someone in the school and let them deal with it-it *might* be legal, but it’s not great tbh. “A few months” isn’t really enough time to go by from being in a position of authority in these 16year olds lives.
Reply 8

If he's left the school and is no longer teaching I think he would be safe from prosecution.

If he has sex with a 16 year old student he is no longer in a position of trust so no law has been broken.
The teacher can not be disciplined by the school either as he has left.

If you want to report it then do so, but legally speaking I doubt anything can be done..

Report report report!!! That is called child abuse!

Report it. It doesn't have to be illegal for you to report it, although if he has been receiving sexual images of under 18s, that is illegal.

Let the school where the students attend know, so that they can safeguard the students. You don't need to investigate/know whether it is illegal, but the school needs to know this information so that students can be protected.

If he's still working as a teacher, then I think the general teaching council would investigate.

You also don't know if he has been messaging any younger students as well.
(edited 3 years ago)

Definitely report it! The school will need to safeguard their students, and whilst it's not illegal as he's left it would still be a cause for concern if he is teaching elsewhere. He could easily be texting other students from other schools, or even younger students. Some schools also have regulations which say teachers can't have any contact with students for a certain amount of time even after they've left and/or are of age.

It depends if they are still in a position of trust
If they are sexting as in sharing images and the student is under 18, that is illegal, regardless of whether the (ex) teacher is still in a position of trust.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending