(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Vanessa Chuah
Who's here apart of LGBTQ+. I gay (:

yes hello fellow gay :smile:
Original post by kelsiepalfrey

What are you in the LGBTQ+ community?
There's a big chat thread here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=2529505, FYI!

I'm queer too :biggrin:
What are you in the LGBTQ+ community?

i’m gender fluid, born female and also into females :smile:
i’m gender fluid, born female and also into females :smile:

Oh cool! :smile: I'm a demigirl (born female as well) and into girls too! :smile: Do you have snapchat or instagram?
Oh cool! :smile: I'm a demigirl (born female as well) and into girls too! :smile: Do you have snapchat or instagram?

Please dont ask for peoples offsite details :smile: you are more than welcome to chat on tsr though, someone has already linked you the main LGBT chat thread :smile:

yes i do, u can pm me on here :smile:
I am homoflexible.

Also, question: why do Lesbians say that they are Gay?
Original post by Anonymous
why do Lesbians say that they are Gay?

Why not? Homosexuality is just being attracted to the same sex. I just use gay and lesbian interchangeably for myself.
Non-Binary and Asexual! Basically just a human trying to get through life :smile:
Original post by Hoodlum123
I'm super non-conforming L sexual reverse transoptic gender. Nice to meet you!

hello! nice to meet you! :smile:
Original post by ClaudiaVan
Non-Binary and Asexual! Basically just a human trying to get through life :smile:

that's super cool! :smile:
Hi. I've been curious to ask this to LGBTQ people for a long time as you're being demonized pretty quickly for such an opinion: how do you justify that there are more than two genders or that there are genders between male and female? I know that there are people who are born with specific features of both genders; yet this is obviously an anomaly, thus it makes no sense to create a new one for such a small subgroup - you wouldn't say that a disabled person who has different body features than most of humanity is a new species, right?

I'm not intending to insult anyone, I'm just genuinely curious and want to hear others' views
Hi. I've been curious to ask this to LGBTQ people for a long time as you're being demonized pretty quickly for such an opinion: how do you justify that there are more than two genders or that there are genders between male and female? I know that there are people who are born with specific features of both genders; yet this is obviously an anomaly, thus it makes no sense to create a new one for such a small subgroup - you wouldn't say that a disabled person who has different body features than most of humanity is a new species, right?

I'm not intending to insult anyone, I'm just genuinely curious and want to hear others' views

Because I know how I feel, and I feel that I’m non-binary. Gender isn’t about your biological sex or physical appearance, it’s about you feeling it, and defining yourself, as far as I’m concerned. How else do you explain the amazing and sustained variation over time of how people relate to gender and the diversity of gender identities? There’s a really lovely article with some gender diverse folx talking about what their gender means to them here https://www.glaad.org/amp/9-young-people-explain-what-being-non-binary-means-them which I would really recommend having a look at.
Original post by becausethenight
Because I know how I feel, and I feel that I’m non-binary. Gender isn’t about your biological sex or physical appearance, it’s about you feeling it, and defining yourself, as far as I’m concerned. How else do you explain the amazing and sustained variation over time of how people relate to gender and the diversity of gender identities? There’s a really lovely article with some gender diverse folx talking about what their gender means to them here https://www.glaad.org/amp/9-young-people-explain-what-being-non-binary-means-them which I would really recommend having a look at.

Isn't this personality? Of course a boy can be drawn towards female behavioural characteristics and the other way around, but then I would argue that this is his personality. I'm really having difficulties grasping what gender means (in my language, there is one word being used for both gender and sex).

Exactly the same here 👋🏼 What’s your snapchat? Let’s be matesss!
Reply 17
I'm heterosexual, so clearly I'm the enemy.

No, you are a person like everyone else.
Isn't this personality? Of course a boy can be drawn towards female behavioural characteristics and the other way around, but then I would argue that this is his personality. I'm really having difficulties grasping what gender means (in my language, there is one word being used for both gender and sex).

It's not personality - you can have masculine women and non-binary people, and feminine men and non-binary people. The difference is how that person wants to be defined and addressed. You can have XX chromosomes and female primary and secondary sexual characteristics, short hair and present in a butch way, and consider yourself a woman, use she/her pronouns etc. Equally that person could be non-binary and use other pronouns, or a man and use he/him pronouns, or whatever. As I say, it's a bit like other things that we're sure of but can't describe, like knowing if you're in love or not, or if G-d exists or not. It's not saying that masculine cis women and feminine cis men are actually a different gender because gender stereotypes - it's acknowledging how non-binary and gender-non-conforming people feel very strongly that they have a gender that is neither being exclusively a woman nor being exclusively a man, which is independent of someone's personality or whether they have stereotypically 'masculine' or 'feminine' interests, if that makes sense :smile:
hi I'm bi nice to meet you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending