The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Bedding for Lancaster uni

Hi I am hoping to go to Lancaster university this year and have begun to shop for living in accommodation. I know we have to bring our own bedding but does accommodation provide us with the actual duvet and pillow? Thank you
Reply 1
Unfortunately not, only the mattress. What college and accomm type are you staying in?
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Original post by Ikeo
Unfortunately not, only the mattress. What college and accomm type are you staying in?

I’ve applied for superior en-suite at both bowland and Fylde, thank you for telling me! Will add buying a duvet and pillow to my list now
Reply 3
Original post by sagqueen2001
I’ve applied for superior en-suite at both bowland and Fylde, thank you for telling me! Will add buying a duvet and pillow to my list now

No problem! The superior en-suite are really quite nice in Fylde and Bowland! (At least they are compared to mine haha) I was in county basic en-suite last year, next year I have no idea where I am.
We shopping for daughter for lancaster (grizedale/county townhouse) We got one for £25 in dunhelm a mattress topper and duvet for about £12. We ate at fylde sports bar on open day last year. pretty decent food there.

Did you apply as a group ikeo for year 2 for lancaster accommodation? and do you get a choice like you do first year or is it random and could end up in any college?
Original post by Ghostlady
We shopping for daughter for lancaster (grizedale/county townhouse) We got one for £25 in dunhelm a mattress topper and duvet for about £12. We ate at fylde sports bar on open day last year. pretty decent food there.

Did you apply as a group ikeo for year 2 for lancaster accommodation? and do you get a choice like you do first year or is it random and could end up in any college?

You can make a 'group' application if you want to live with the same people on campus in second year - although it's not guaranteed you'll be living together. You will only get allocated accommodation in your college so you'll likely be in the same buildings as first year. You would need to change college if you wanted to live in different accommodation (and this isn't always easy to do).

Charlotte :smile:
3rd year Biological Sciences with Biomedicine
My daughter has applied to Cartmel college and I presumed it was a single bed so although she has a double duvet I've got a single bottom sheet and mattress topper but am now doubting these will fit. Can anyone advise on bed size for sheets, thanks.
Original post by Hopskipjump
My daughter has applied to Cartmel college and I presumed it was a single bed so although she has a double duvet I've got a single bottom sheet and mattress topper but am now doubting these will fit. Can anyone advise on bed size for sheets, thanks.

I had this same issue with my daughter the bed sizes (shes going for townhouse) . the matresses are 90x210cm and longer than usual standard bed. The basic standard accommodation bed is the usual 90 x190 cm.

https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/accommodation/undergraduate/superior-ensuite/#whats-included-in-the-bedrooms tells you the size

i got mine from amazon for the bottom sheet.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01G8IMBOK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Single Mattress topper ive got from dunhelm. because they have a stretchy elasticated ends they should still fit :smile:
Original post by Ghostlady
I had this same issue with my daughter the bed sizes (shes going for townhouse) . the matresses are 90x210cm and longer than usual standard bed. The basic standard accommodation bed is the usual 90 x190 cm.

https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/accommodation/undergraduate/superior-ensuite/#whats-included-in-the-bedrooms tells you the size

i got mine from amazon for the bottom sheet.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01G8IMBOK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Single Mattress topper ive got from dunhelm. because they have a stretchy elasticated ends they should still fit :smile:

Its superior en suite, I know it says 1900 or 2100 mm, so the sheet should in theory fit the smaller but what's the likelihood of getting a longer bed. Just wondered if anyone had problems with a standard fitted sheet fitting. 🤔

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending