The Student Room Group

GCSE science exam advice

Hi. I’m currently doing my GCSES and aiming for 9s in triple science. When I do practice questions I seem to get a few questions not because I don’t know the content but because I’m struggling with application. How can I resolve this. Would putting the questions I got wrong on a flash card help? What did you do at GCSE?
use practice questions from previous test papers, but i’d say if you want to focus on application questions i’d suggest you show your teacher the papers for her to pinpoint which ones require you to apply your knowledge into a question
Original post by kamisoto
use practice questions from previous test papers, but i’d say if you want to focus on application questions i’d suggest you show your teacher the papers for her to pinpoint which ones require you to apply your knowledge into a question

What do I do if I get questions wrong not because of knowledge but because of application
Original post by unknownm123
What do I do if I get questions wrong not because of knowledge but because of application

I would say use the mark scheme to help you figure out which part of the question you needed to apply your knowledge too

Also find similarities to the things you’ve been taught (i.e there was a question in 2018 on the cows menstrual cycle, so the people doing the exams had to apply their knowledge from the human menstrual cycle)

it’s hard to grasp at first

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending