The Student Room Group

Games That Deserve More Attention

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lightningbladex4
Dark souls 1- i think this type of genre has been neglected for a while but it’s not your typical edgy setting.Realistic game mechanics as well as a plot which questions your morality in a non dramatic sense and ponders the futility of rectitude.Characterised as hard but I just see it as being less beginner friendly but isn’t harder than your typical game.9.4/10

It's been over 8 years since I first finished this game. Still play it today. Still my favourite game ever.
Not as unsung as it used to be though, and not as much as Demon's Souls which has some really memorable level designs.
Remember Me
Spec Ops the line
Dragon's Dogma - less so, but it was overshadowed by popular RPGs that came out around the same time.
Quantum Redshift
Original post by JDINCINERATOR
Don't you think Telltale's The Walking Dead has enough exposure? Automata is brilliant as is Isolation.

yeah but i love the series so much i have to promote it any chance i get
Although the last comment is over 3 months old and I knew that the thread existed during that time all along, I am already able to name a game that was completely underrated at that time when it was released and on the market: Wave Race 64. Reasons:

- good and decent soundtracks for the racing routes.
- it made a lot of fun to ride with a Jetski through the routes.
- it has an own tutorial route you can play as long as you wanted (tend to be addicted).
- different difficulty levels and riders you can choice.
- different modes to play.
These are from the PS3 era but probably available on PS4 store:

The Cave
Papo and Yo
Puppeteer
Quantum Conundrum
(edited 3 years ago)
LA Noire, maybe they could make a sequel.
Original post by JDINCINERATOR
There are loads of unsung games out there-which games do you think don't receive the attention they deserve? Personally I think people should check out A Plague Tale: Innocence because the story is outstanding, a breath of fresh air in a medium of me-too.

Don't starve is really underrated
Quantum of Solace for xbox (and other prob) and wizard101 for pc.
Fez, Okami, Cuphead, Skies of Arcadia, From Dust, Transistor, Zack & Wiki, Rocket Slime, Hard Corps Uprising,Bangai-o, Jet Set Radio, Flower
Original post by yzanne
Quantum of Solace for xbox (and other prob) and wizard101 for pc.

I prefer Blood Stone but any Bond game besides Goldeneye could be considered as hidden gems.
Sly Cooper games and although I'm sure this next game saw a lot of success at release, I just can't stress how phenomenal Fire Emblem: Three Houses is.
Reply 31
Original post by Kallisto
Although the last comment is over 3 months old and I knew that the thread existed during that time all along, I am already able to name a game that was completely underrated at that time when it was released and on the market: Wave Race 64. Reasons:

- good and decent soundtracks for the racing routes.
- it made a lot of fun to ride with a Jetski through the routes.
- it has an own tutorial route you can play as long as you wanted (tend to be addicted).
- different difficulty levels and riders you can choice.
- different modes to play.

Now there's a game I haven't heard of years...

I remember it on the game boy. It was a decent game tbh..., underrated...
Fable 2, deffo one of my favourites
Reply 33
Original post by noggins
Fez, Okami, Cuphead, Skies of Arcadia, From Dust, Transistor, Zack & Wiki, Rocket Slime, Hard Corps Uprising,Bangai-o, Jet Set Radio, Flower

I think is already regarded as a gem.

I remember buying it for gamecube...
[it had previously been released on dreamcast]

I was surprised a few years ago to find that the price for the gamecube version second hand was quite high. seems to be listed for £90+ on gamecube

makes me tempted to sell it...
Original post by ANM775
Now there's a game I haven't heard of years...

I remember it on the game boy. It was a decent game tbh..., underrated...

I know the game boy version without to have ever to play. The N64 game is really a good one, maybe not one of the best, but underrated in any case.
Medieval total war 2, the ori series, mount and blade warband to name but a few
apex legends and overwatch
Original post by robbiesimons11
apex legends and overwatch

Ah yes, two low profile games very few people have heard of.
Original post by ANM775
I think is already regarded as a gem.

I remember buying it for gamecube...
[it had previously been released on dreamcast]

I was surprised a few years ago to find that the price for the gamecube version second hand was quite high. seems to be listed for £90+ on gamecube

makes me tempted to sell it...

Yeah, SoA for gamecube has held a high pricetag for 10+ years. As with many other good JRPGs for various old consoles, its sales were probably underwhelming when originally released in europe/US. i do wish sega would decide to put it on digital stores in the near future, or consider a fresh sequel.

Speaking of N64, it had some great little action games in the form of Blast Corps, Excitebike64, Mischief Makers, Sin & Punishment, Body Harvest... most of which remain forgotten gems among modern developers.
Reply 39
Original post by noggins
Yeah, SoA for gamecube has held a high pricetag for 10+ years. As with many other good JRPGs for various old consoles, its sales were probably underwhelming when originally released in europe/US. i do wish sega would decide to put it on digital stores in the near future, or consider a fresh sequel.

Speaking of N64, it had some great little action games in the form of Blast Corps, Excitebike64, Mischief Makers, Sin & Punishment, Body Harvest... most of which remain forgotten gems among modern developers.

That would mean the value of physical copies would decrease somewhat, and seeing as I hold one .. that's bad for me. So I don't want that.

However, I do kinda wish in a way they'd re-release it for digital too..., as I wouldn't mind playing it again but don't particularly want to dig out my gamecube.

I have a PS3 with custom firmware so i don't know perhaps if there's a gamecube emulator which could play it.

Quick Reply

Latest