The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

University of Exeter - Clearing 2020 thread

University of Exeter Clearing 2020 is now live!

If you are (re)thinking about University for this September there are plenty of options still open to you. A great place to start your search is our website: www.exeter.ac.uk/clearing which has lots of practical advice and guidance to help you navigate your way through Clearing this summer, as well as the most up-to-date list of our vacancies.

If you're thinking about applying to the University of Exeter through Clearing, you can register your interest with us here and we will keep you updated as to what to do and when; saving you time once results come through.Already got your results? Check out our current vacancies here.
And, of course, if you want to speak with someone from our Admissions Teams directly you can email or call us at:
0300 555 6060 (UK callers) / +44 1392 723044 (international callers)

Our Student Recruitment Team reps from our Exeter campuses and Penryn Campus will be keeping an eye on this thread if anyone has any questions, so please ask away! We look forward to hearing from you.

Karen - University of Exeter Student Recruitment Team
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hi everyone
If any of you are thinking of Clearing by the Sea then why not consider the University of Exeter's Penryn Campus in Cornwall? It is an amazing place to live and study just take a look for yourself!

If you're thinking about applying to the University of Exeter through Clearing, you can register your interest with us here and we will keep you updated as to what to do and when; saving you time once results come through.Already got your results? Check out our current vacancies here.

Any questions about sudying at our Penryn Campus just ask and we will help you :-)
Jo - University of Exeter Student Recruitment Team
(edited 3 years ago)
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Hi, I have an offer for neuroscience which I have firmed but I want to do the professional placement year. I noticed on clearing that the requirements were BBC for the PTY. If I wanted to email admissions to add a placement year, would I have to go through clearing? Also, would the offer be the typical AAB instead of BBC?
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, I have an offer for neuroscience which I have firmed but I want to do the professional placement year. I noticed on clearing that the requirements were BBC for the PTY. If I wanted to email admissions to add a placement year, would I have to go through clearing? Also, would the offer be the typical AAB instead of BBC?

Hi Anonymous - I would recommend that you contact the Admissions team directly on the details above and ask how to proceed. That would be the quickest way to get your answer. As a firm offer-holder they will have your details (be sure to have your UCAS number and Exeter student number) and so will be able to help you quickly - recommend that you give them call as they are quite busy at the moment and have lots of emails.
Good luck.
Need help trying to work out Clearing? We've pulled together our top tips for Clearing to help you get the most out of the process in a short animation http://www.exeter.ac.uk/clearing/toptips/. Whilst you are there - have a look around the rest of our Clearing webpages and, if you are interested in applying to Exeter through Clearing, register your interest here or if you have your exam results already, apply here.
Hope that you find all the information helpful - shout if you have further questions.
Reply 5
Hi, I firmed Exeter back in February but was recently told after cancellation of exams that I won’t be getting a calculated grade due to the fact that I am a private student and was resitting from home. I am still waiting on a response from Exeter and was wondering if I will get it before results day? I want to be ready to go through clearing if Im not successful in getting a place so I’m a bit worried at the moment.
Original post by bambs123
Hi, I firmed Exeter back in February but was recently told after cancellation of exams that I won’t be getting a calculated grade due to the fact that I am a private student and was resitting from home. I am still waiting on a response from Exeter and was wondering if I will get it before results day? I want to be ready to go through clearing if Im not successful in getting a place so I’m a bit worried at the moment.

Hi @bambs123,

If you DM me your Exeter or UCAS ID number, your name and email used on your UCAS application that would be great. I will then get in touch with my colelgue in Admissions looking into this so I can try and get an answer for you. Thanks for your patience as we do this.

Melody
University of Exeter Student Recruitment Team
Reply 7
Original post by University of Exeter Student Recruitment Team Two
Hi @bambs123,

If you DM me your Exeter or UCAS ID number, your name and email used on your UCAS application that would be great. I will then get in touch with my colelgue in Admissions looking into this so I can try and get an answer for you. Thanks for your patience as we do this.

Melody

I have finally received a reply now. Thank you for your help! :smile:
hi there Just wondering whether I only put in an online clearing application next Thursday ( results dependent!!), or I can call as well?Thanks
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 9
I have applied for a course at Exeter via their clearing vacancies page but haven’t heard anything - I have no confirmation email, can’t see anything on their page and of course there’s nothing on track as I haven’t had approval to apply there yet. I understand the admissions team must be extremely busy but how long roughly does it take to hear anything?
Original post by LG31
hi there Just wondering whether I only put in an online clearing application next Thursday ( results dependent!!), or I can call as well?Thanks

Morning @LG31,

Thanks for the questions. Next Thursday all applications will be received through our online form (http://www.exeter.ac.uk/clearing/vacancies/). You can ask questions through our online chat that pops up in the bottom right corner of the screen on the application form. Only applications received through the form will be worked through. If you have questions there are several ways to reach us from next Thursday and we are running various live chats that may be of interest to find out more about our programmes and institution (http://www.exeter.ac.uk/clearing/visit/).

Hope this answers your questions, please let me know if you have any further questions. Good luck for results day!!

Melody
Original post by sawyl
I have applied for a course at Exeter via their clearing vacancies page but haven’t heard anything - I have no confirmation email, can’t see anything on their page and of course there’s nothing on track as I haven’t had approval to apply there yet. I understand the admissions team must be extremely busy but how long roughly does it take to hear anything?

Hi @sawyl,

Great to hear you have put in an application! I have just spoken to the Admissions Team and they have said that there was an issue with the form when it first went live where it may not send a confirmation email when the clearing form was submitted so hopefully this is all that has happened. If you DM me your UCAS ID, full name and date of birth I shall get a colleague to look and check that we have received your application.

Melody
Morning @LG31,

Thanks for the questions. Next Thursday all applications will be received through our online form (http://www.exeter.ac.uk/clearing/vacancies/). You can ask questions through our online chat that pops up in the bottom right corner of the screen on the application form. Only applications received through the form will be worked through. If you have questions there are several ways to reach us from next Thursday and we are running various live chats that may be of interest to find out more about our programmes and institution (http://www.exeter.ac.uk/clearing/visit/).

Hope this answers your questions, please let me know if you have any further questions. Good luck for results day!!

Melody

Thank you Melody
I have a conditional offer at another uni. If I am successful and this becomes unconditional, can I fill in your online clearing application and wait to see if I'm successful before I release myself into clearing?
Original post by LG31
Thank you Melody
I have a conditional offer at another uni. If I am successful and this becomes unconditional, can I fill in your online clearing application and wait to see if I'm successful before I release myself into clearing?

Hi @LG31,

Good question. Strictly speaking you should self-release in order to be eligible for clearing. However, I think the reality is a lot of students do not self-release if they are applying through clearing whilst already holding an unconditional offer for exactly the reason you stated, and this does not make a difference to our decision, this is purely based upon your application. Once you have heard from us you will need to self-release yourself in order to accept our offer if you are successful and decide to accept it but currently hold an unconditional offer elsewhere. We are unable to finalise your acceptance to Exeter until you self-release from your current university; we work as quickly as we can to do this but bear in mind it is just another step added in to the process and we receive thousands of emails/requests related to clearing so it may take hours for us to sort this out as we will work through requests/emails in the order they come in. Until you have formally been registered at Exeter you are unable to book accommodation in university managed halls so although it is a good way to hedge your bets/reduce the stress and uncertainty around what our decision would be it may impact other things you want to sort out quickly. So it is not a bad thing to do, just be aware that it will have a knock-on effect so just ensure you are happy with that and have factored that in as you decide on your plan of action for results day.

Hope this helps- good luck with your results!

Melody
Hi @LG31,

Good question. Strictly speaking you should self-release in order to be eligible for clearing. However, I think the reality is a lot of students do not self-release if they are applying through clearing whilst already holding an unconditional offer for exactly the reason you stated, and this does not make a difference to our decision, this is purely based upon your application. Once you have heard from us you will need to self-release yourself in order to accept our offer if you are successful and decide to accept it but currently hold an unconditional offer elsewhere. We are unable to finalise your acceptance to Exeter until you self-release from your current university; we work as quickly as we can to do this but bear in mind it is just another step added in to the process and we receive thousands of emails/requests related to clearing so it may take hours for us to sort this out as we will work through requests/emails in the order they come in. Until you have formally been registered at Exeter you are unable to book accommodation in university managed halls so although it is a good way to hedge your bets/reduce the stress and uncertainty around what our decision would be it may impact other things you want to sort out quickly. So it is not a bad thing to do, just be aware that it will have a knock-on effect so just ensure you are happy with that and have factored that in as you decide on your plan of action for results day.

Hope this helps- good luck with your results!

Melody

Thank you Melody. Sorry but Im still a little bit confused as to why I would be behind anyone else who applies through Clearing. I thought no one can put a clearing choice into Track before 3pm. I understand that anyone who ended up with an unconditional offer ( either by being a firm choice or an insurance which becomes firm)and doesn't need clearing would be ahead of me.
Are there lots of students who find it difficult to get accommodation?
Original post by LG31
Thank you Melody. Sorry but Im still a little bit confused as to why I would be behind anyone else who applies through Clearing. I thought no one can put a clearing choice into Track before 3pm. I understand that anyone who ended up with an unconditional offer ( either by being a firm choice or an insurance which becomes firm)and doesn't need clearing would be ahead of me.
Are there lots of students who find it difficult to get accommodation?

Hi @LG31,

It should not be an issue to get accommodation although there will be less choice post-results day- the 'issue' will be you are unable to apply for accommodation until you have formally being accepted at the University of Exeter which takes longer if you have not already self-released.

Sorry for the confusion regarding why you would be behind others; to clarify we will look at clearing applications in the order received. Once you have an offer we will not reverse this provided you still meet the terms of the offer; it is just if there is additional admin related to waiting for you to self-release so we can then formally put your offer on Track this will be done in the order the enquiry is received (amongst the thousands we receive during the results period) and is where a delay may occur. So it is nothing to worry about in terms of whether you will get an offer, it is the admin afterwards. Unfortunately, this may take few hours from the point you self-release. It is not a problem just something to be aware of so that you know what to expect on the day.

Hope this is a bit clearer and helpful- the short of it is that it is not an issue if you do not self-release but it may just take a little longer for see Track updated than if you had self-released and means it may be a little longer before you are able to apply for accommodation. Do let me know if you have any further questions. Best of luck to you for results day!

Melody
thank you that helps a lot.
Original post by LG31
thank you that helps a lot.

Hi @LG31,

Pleased I made more sense the second time! Best of luck to you!

Melody
Good luck to anyone thinking of applying to Exeter through clearing today! We have lots of opportunities to find out more about our courses and campuses, full details on our clearing webpages. All of our update to date vacancies can be found here. Please just ask if you have any questions, we want to help you make the right decision for you at this time :smile:

Melody
Hi,

I have an offer from Exeter to study law with conditions that I get AAB. I received my results and I got ACD but I have appealed to get them re-looked at as this is not correct. I spoke to the admissions team and they said that if I get the grades after appealing I will still get a place as it is my firm choice. Would Exeter still accept me if my moderated grades are A*BC?

Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending