The Student Room Group

I changed my mind

I want to study a fairly different course than the one I applied to (major with a minor, the one I initially applied for was the minor). I changed my decision on my career path and want to write another motivation letter, but I´ve stated, on my previous motivation letter to the SAME uni, that the job, which follows my MINOR, is my dream job.

I have NO idea how to argument in favour of me getting into the major degree. They will think that I´m a total hypocrite. And I can hardly say that I simply ´changed my mind´.
All help and tipps appreciated :smile:
Original post by ninjacaty
I want to study a fairly different course than the one I applied to (major with a minor, the one I initially applied for was the minor). I changed my decision on my career path and want to write another motivation letter, but I´ve stated, on my previous motivation letter to the SAME uni, that the job, which follows my MINOR, is my dream job.

I have NO idea how to argument in favour of me getting into the major degree. They will think that I´m a total hypocrite. And I can hardly say that I simply ´changed my mind´.

Hello! I changed course with my firm uni prior to results day too, and they had no issue with it. You seem well prepared, just give them a call and talk with them :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by emiloujess
Hello! I changed course with my firm uni prior to results day too, and they had no issue with it. You seem well prepared, just give them a call and talk with them :smile:

Nice, I’d never thought that they are so cool about that. :smile: I’ll give it a try Cheers!

If the uni has spaces on the other course, they won't mind you changing. They know that people change their mind and most unis would rather keep you as a student than lose you to another uni.

Just contact them and see what they say. They definitely won't judge you for it!
Reply 4
Original post by SarcAndSpark
If the uni has spaces on the other course, they won't mind you changing. They know that people change their mind and most unis would rather keep you as a student than lose you to another uni.

Just contact them and see what they say. They definitely won't judge you for it!

Thank you! They don’t have the programme at the uni I’m currently enrolled in, but at the other university, which I rejected back in June when I had to make a decision. Nevertheless, I can ask them. Cheers!
Thank you! They don’t have the programme at the uni I’m currently enrolled in, but at the other university, which I rejected back in June when I had to make a decision. Nevertheless, I can ask them. Cheers!

Ah right- if you are looking to change unis, it will be more complicated.

It's likely you will have to go via clearing, which does mean you risk not getting a place on the course you really want.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending