The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by unlimited123456
Hi sorry to bother you but how does the online DBS check work. I still haven’t gotten any information about it, except from the fact that they will ask us to complete one.

Hi there. I’m going to contact the medicines team for you to see what the procedure is for this and if you should have had the e-mail by now! I’ll let you know when they get back to me which hopefully should be tomorrow! :smile:
Hi, I wanted to ask what the schedule for first year medics will be? And which sessions we have to be there in person? Will the anatomy sessions and placements be online or in person?

Thank you
Original post by Keele Student Ambassador
Hi there. I’m going to contact the medicines team for you to see what the procedure is for this and if you should have had the e-mail by now! I’ll let you know when they get back to me which hopefully should be tomorrow! :smile:

Thank you for your help ☺️☺️☺️
Original post by Keelemedic20
Hi, I wanted to ask what the schedule for first year medics will be? And which sessions we have to be there in person? Will the anatomy sessions and placements be online or in person?

Thank you

Hello! I think the best people to answer these questions will be current medical students at Keele. You can talk to them on our online chat platform. You can talk to them through this link- https://www.keele.ac.uk/study/chat/

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask! :smile:
Original post by Keele Student Ambassador1
Hello! I think the best people to answer these questions will be current medical students at Keele. You can talk to them on our online chat platform. You can talk to them through this link- https://www.keele.ac.uk/study/chat/

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask! :smile:

Thank you for your response. What will happen to students who physically cant make it into uni (international students)? What measures are taken for them?
Hello can someone help me by getting in contact with the medicine admissions team. i have tried to but am getting no response. i had insured keele for medicine entry 2020 and i am at the moment worried about getting my grades needed for med school and am thinking about doing autumn or summer 2021 exams. i've read on keele's site that it states for taking the summer 2021 exams the following:

*message from keele on their applicants area*
2020 A levels taken in 2021
If you began year 12 in September 2018 and plan to take final A-level exams in the summer of 2021 (i.e. 3 years after commencing), we will treat these as your first attempt and you will be eligible to make a new application for 2021 entry.

If you are in this situation, and if you had an offer for medicine at Keele for 2020, we will not require you to take UCAT again for your 2021 application. We will also reinstate your conditional offer for 2021 as long as you inform us before 30 Sep 2020 that you intend to reapply. Note that you might wish to take UCAT again if you also wish to apply to other medical schools.

If you are in this situation but did not have an offer for medicine at Keele for 2020, we will require you to take UCAT in the 2020 test season and go through the full application process, including R+R form submission and interview (if shortlisted).

Please note that you must include the grades you were awarded in 2020 (including practical annotation) within your new UCAS application, however, we will not use those grades in any decisions on your eligibility for interview or offer.

Is this the same for applicants who have insured keele like me instead of firmed them. Will this statement still be eligible to us since we also have offers from them.
Original post by Keelemedic20
Thank you for your response. What will happen to students who physically cant make it into uni (international students)? What measures are taken for them?

Hello again. I didn't manage to find any specific information online. I will contact the international office now to find out more information!
Original post by Elissamoor123
Hello can someone help me by getting in contact with the medicine admissions team. i have tried to but am getting no response. i had insured keele for medicine entry 2020 and i am at the moment worried about getting my grades needed for med school and am thinking about doing autumn or summer 2021 exams. i've read on keele's site that it states for taking the summer 2021 exams the following:

If you began year 12 in September 2018 and plan to take final A-level exams in the summer of 2021 (i.e. 3 years after commencing), we will treat these as your first attempt and you will be eligible to make a new application for 2021 entry.

If you are in this situation, and if you had an offer for medicine at Keele for 2020, we will not require you to take UCAT again for your 2021 application. We will also reinstate your conditional offer for 2021 as long as you inform us before 30 Sep 2020 that you intend to reapply. Note that you might wish to take UCAT again if you also wish to apply to other medical schools.

If you are in this situation but did not have an offer for medicine at Keele for 2020, we will require you to take UCAT in the 2020 test season and go through the full application process, including R+R form submission and interview (if shortlisted).

Please note that you must include the grades you were awarded in 2020 (including practical annotation) within your new UCAS application, however, we will not use those grades in any decisions on your eligibility for interview or offer.

Is this the same for applicants who have insured keele like me instead of firmed them. Will this statement still be eligible to us since we also have offers from them.

From the message on the applicants area, it sounds like it applies to you as well since you technically do have an offer from Keele. I will message the admissions team anyway so we can be sure! :smile:
Thank you for your help ☺️☺️☺️

Hi there!

I didn’t really get much information other than that they have started to contact students about the online DBS now so hopefully you hear something soon if you haven’t already?

If there’s anything else I can do then please let me know! :smile:
Original post by Monkeydoodles
I was reading the tenancy agreement which stated that I am only allowed to have visitors for a maximum of 3 consecutive nights at my accommodation. So, my question is whether this also applies to international visitors from outside of the UK? So for instance, if my family members living in an EU country want to visit me during my stay at the university accommodation would they only be allowed to stay for 3 consecutive nights?

Have a nice day! :smile:

Hi there! Have you already contacted the accommodations team about this as they seem to think you have? If not then someone else must have the same query so i’ll try get an answer for you still.
Hi there!

I didn’t really get much information other than that they have started to contact students about the online DBS now so hopefully you hear something soon if you haven’t already?

If there’s anything else I can do then please let me know! :smile:

Do you think it’s best to call them to find out?
Hello again. I didn't manage to find any specific information online. I will contact the international office now to find out more information!

Hello, I have received a response from the international office and they have advised that you contact them directly regarding your query. You can contact them on [email protected] or the admissions team on [email protected].
Original post by Akanya31x

Hello again. The School of Medicine got back to me with this- We do say that we will reinstate conditional offers for 2021 as long as the applicant informs us before 30th September that they intend to reapply. It does not distinguish between firm or insurance offer holders, so that will be fine.

I hope this answers your question. If you have any other queries, please don't hesitate to ask! :smile:
Hello again. The School of Medicine got back to me with this- We do say that we will reinstate conditional offers for 2021 as long as the applicant informs us before 30th September that they intend to reapply. It does not distinguish between firm or insurance offer holders, so that will be fine.

I hope this answers your question. If you have any other queries, please don't hesitate to ask! :smile:

thank you so much for the clarification! x
Original post by Akanya31x
thank you so much for the clarification! x

It wasn't a problem at all! Glad I could help! :smile:
Do you think it’s best to call them to find out?

I would say so. The contact number for the school of medicine is 01782 733937.

Hope this helps!
Hi there! Have you already contacted the accommodations team about this as they seem to think you have? If not then someone else must have the same query so i’ll try get an answer for you still.

Hi, yes I have received a reply from the accommodations team regarding my enquiry. Thank you so much nonetheless! :smile:
i cant seem to get through to medicine admissions, i haven't yet had an update on track ? very stressed
Original post by Monkeydoodles
Hi, yes I have received a reply from the accommodations team regarding my enquiry. Thank you so much nonetheless! :smile:

Not a problem! I’m just glad you got the answers! :smile:
Original post by 2020applicant
i cant seem to get through to medicine admissions, i haven't yet had an update on track ? very stressed

Hi there.

Unfortunately my only advice would be to keep trying. Their contact number is 01782 733632 and their email is [email protected].

Please don’t panic just yet. Today is a very busy day for the team and they may need to take a look at applicants who haven’t quite met requirements ect which is why UCAS track may not be updated yet. Stay positive! :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending