The Student Room Group

Clifford Chance Prime Scheme

has anyone applied for the clifford chance prime scheme for feb 2021?

Scroll to see replies

i have! i just found out today i was successful so i came on here to see if i could find a thread of other applicants :smile:
hopefully I will start one, have you booked accommodation yet and do we find out our results for the Watson Glaser test?
Original post by miaevansssss
hopefully I will start one, have you booked accommodation yet and do we find out our results for the Watson Glaser test?

no i’m not going to book accommodation until we know for definite it’s not virtual as i’m coming quite a long way. i actually asked them that on the insight day and they said they don’t release the WG results to PRIME applicants as it’s not a pass or fail situation like in training contracts. i suppose we can assume we did quite well if we got the place !
hey! I am very excited as well! i didnt realise we could request our watson glaser results. I might have to send them an email to find mine out later. also I wouldnt worry about your score too much and if you didnt make the mark then that means your application mustve been great still! have you booked accommodation yet?
have any of you been sent an email back to confirm they received your acceptance of the offer? i’m a teeny bit paranoid haha as my brain can’t believe that i actually got a place so it wants me to believe i was sent the email by accident.

why don’t we all say a bit about ourselves (where we’re from, our A level subjects etc) :smile:
okay yeah, I am 18 (female) and currently studying A level Law, politics and English in the south west in Devon wbu :smile:
also I havent recieved a confirmation that they have recieved my acceptance either, should be okay though it's quite early still
okay yeah, I am 18 (female) and currently studying A level Law, politics and English in the south west in Devon wbu :smile:

are you in y13 then - are you going to uni or taking a gap year?

i’m 17 going into y13 (female) taking English lit, history, law and EPQ and i’m from west yorkshire :smile:
I'm going into year 13 in september and that's cool that 2 of our A levels are the same, what exam boards are you with? Have you decided what to do your EPQ on yet? xx
I'm going into year 13 in september and that's cool that 2 of our A levels are the same, what exam boards are you with? Have you decided what to do your EPQ on yet? xx

i’m doing AQA law and OCR english x and my epq is gonna be on the impact/consequences of wrongful convictions and how the government compensates victims basically (but i can’t find a way to squash that all into a reasonable title lol)
Original post by Dillt2003
Are you both intending to do LLBs? I’m pretty certain that I’m going to apply to study History instead of Law.

What about Oxbridge? Either of you applying?

i’m applying to oxford for law, also thinking of lse, bristol, warwick and leeds. i really like anthropology so i think i’ll apply for joint honours anthropology and law at lse but i realised too late that i might like to do anthropology instead so i don’t really have a choice now as i have nothing to put in a ps for it lol. i know i want to go into law as a career but it would’ve been nice to do an anthropology degree instead
Sounds like a super interesting topic! My title was “To what extent was James I responsible for the Witch Trials?”

i studied a brief overview of that at gcse, i was actually thinking of doing mine on that topic - something like; to what extent were the witch trials misogynistic? but i was told that it was better to base it on your chosen university subject :smile:
Oxford’s Law course looks super cool! Isn’t it like all pomp and it’s actually a “Jurisprudence” BA?

I’ll probably apply to Cambridge instead of Oxford for History.

Do you have an oxford college in mind?

yeah haha, they seem to have quite a focus on the philosophy of law which luckily for me i’m interested in.

i have a few in mind - i just want one that’s central to the town and the sports complex, but that’s got enough state school students in it. most of the rents are actually fairly low but some are lower than others so i’m considering those.
Crime and Punishment??

it was in the elizabethans topic ! did you do ocr b too or is that an aqa topic?
hey, I got an email a few days ago saying I got accepted into PRIME in Feb too. I didn't know we could ask for out Watson Glaser score. That seems cool so I might email tomorrow to ask what I got. Hopefully, it wasn't too bad. I'm 17 and going into year 13 in September. I'm studying A level Law, English Literature and Sociology. I'm going to be applying to Cambridge for Law as I preferred their course over Oxford. Whether I get in or not is another story.I am planning on commuting too in Feb even though it is a bit longer. I am really excited for February too though. It's going to be amazing.
Seems good to me! I had a really big thing for Merton for a while 👀

that’s not one of the ones i’m looking at actually ! i really like worcester but it’s popularity puts me off - i like the look of wadham and st. john’s and the law tutor on pembroke’s open day q&a was so nice to me i told her id think about applying there so that’s on my list too 😂
Original post by Rkasssam
hey, I got an email a few days ago saying I got accepted into PRIME in Feb too. I didn't know we could ask for out Watson Glaser score. That seems cool so I might email tomorrow to ask what I got. Hopefully, it wasn't too bad. I'm 17 and going into year 13 in September. I'm studying A level Law, English Literature and Sociology. I'm going to be applying to Cambridge for Law as I preferred their course over Oxford. Whether I get in or not is another story.I am planning on commuting too in Feb even though it is a bit longer. I am really excited for February too though. It's going to be amazing.

hi ! where abouts are you commuting from? i seem to be the only northerner so far haha.
Original post by Ashstudent1
hi ! where abouts are you commuting from? i seem to be the only northerner so far haha.

Haha, I'm commuting from Leicester (in the East Midlands) and so its just over a 2 hour journey involving 2 trains and a tube from London bridge to Canary Wharf. I'm definitely a bit nervous about taking the tube but after A LOT of research into how they work yesterday, hopefully I'll be able to be alright.
Original post by Rkasssam
Haha, I'm commuting from Leicester (in the East Midlands) and so its just over a 2 hour journey involving 2 trains and a tube from London bridge to Canary Wharf. I'm definitely a bit nervous about taking the tube but after A LOT of research into how they work yesterday, hopefully I'll be able to be alright.

jesus, that’s a massive commute ! i’d have to get the train from leeds which is about 3.5 hours i think but i would absolutely not do that for 4 days lol. i’m coming down with my mum and sister and they’re going to go sightseeing while i’m gone

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending