The Student Room Group

Lnat for 2021 help!

Hi, I’ve purchased your ULTIMATE LNAT COLLECTION and I’ve been scoring between 27-30 in the mock papers. Are the mocks of a similar difficulty level like that of the actual LNAT test?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nyx2911
Hi, I’ve purchased your ULTIMATE LNAT COLLECTION and I’ve been scoring between 27-30 in the mock papers. Are the mocks of a similar difficulty level like that of the actual LNAT test?

That's really good! I actually found that a lot of the practice tests that are available are actually harder than the actual LNAT.

The closest thing that I found to the real LNAT was the practice test on the Pearson website, but even that was slightly harder than the real thing in my opinion.

Hope this helps xx
Reply 2
Original post by Leah_argent
That's really good! I actually found that a lot of the practice tests that are available are actually harder than the actual LNAT.

The closest thing that I found to the real LNAT was the practice test on the Pearson website, but even that was slightly harder than the real thing in my opinion.

Hope this helps xx

Thank you! Did you use this book as well? How was your LNAT score and Uni offers?
Reply 3

Hope this helps xx

Thank you! Did you use this book as well? How were your LNAT score and Uni offers?
Original post by nyx2911
Thank you! Did you use this book as well? How were your LNAT score and Uni offers?

Although I didn't use the book (I used the Arbitio website and did all the free practices on the Pearson website) I got 30 out of 42 and although I was rejected from Oxford I got an offer from Durham.

The average changes every year so what is considered a high score depends on the other people in your year, when I took it in 2020 the average was around 21, I think.

I also did all the essay practice questions because the timing is quite hard to get right I think and some uni's really value them.

Hope this helps x (Sorry for the late reply I was on holiday.)
Although I didn't use the book (I used the Arbitio website and did all the free practices on the Pearson website) I got 30 out of 42 and although I was rejected from Oxford I got an offer from Durham.

The average changes every year so what is considered a high score depends on the other people in your year, when I took it in 2020 the average was around 21, I think.

I also did all the essay practice questions because the timing is quite hard to get right I think and some uni's really value them.

Hope this helps x (Sorry for the late reply I was on holiday.)

Could I please ask for your Arbitio average? I have been doing alright, but I just got a really bad score on test 12.(22-average was 21.1). My overall average is 24. I really want to get a score of 28-30 on the real thing. I answered 42 questions on thelawyer portal and got 37, but I know that is much easier. The other parts of my application are great, but I am really worried that I am going to fail the LNAT.
Original post by nyx2911

Hii, I just did the first paper and I was struggling with it. I got 16/42 and I was wondering how can I improve my test scores. Do you have any tips for me? Thanks
Original post by gizmo2020
Could I please ask for your Arbitio average? I have been doing alright, but I just got a really bad score on test 12.(22-average was 21.1). My overall average is 24. I really want to get a score of 28-30 on the real thing. I answered 42 questions on thelawyer portal and got 37, but I know that is much easier. The other parts of my application are great, but I am really worried that I am going to fail the LNAT.

I was averaging 25 on Arbitio after a few weeks but don't worry I remember getting 15 on one of them, the day before my LNAT I got 18 and freaked out. A lot of it is just learning to understand what they are looking for which you can only get from practice I think.

Eve Cornwell did a really helpful video on youtube about LNAT practice questions.

Also if you just want extra practice the Khan Academy do american SAT practice which is really similar to the style of the LNAT. My american friend told me about it and I think it really helped me, although i'd only recommend the reading practice.
I was averaging 25 on Arbitio after a few weeks but don't worry I remember getting 15 on one of them, the day before my LNAT I got 18 and freaked out. A lot of it is just learning to understand what they are looking for which you can only get from practice I think.

Eve Cornwell did a really helpful video on youtube about LNAT practice questions.

Also if you just want extra practice the Khan Academy do american SAT practice which is really similar to the style of the LNAT. My american friend told me about it and I think it really helped me, although i'd only recommend the reading practice.

Thank you so much for your advice. If it is not too much of a bother, then I would really appreciate if you could tell me your practice scores from the official source(where they only offer 2). I got 28 on my first try, but only 19 on my second. I was really disappointed, as I was told that those are similar to the real one. Some others say the second one is much harder.....
(edited 3 years ago)
Thank you so much for your advice. If it is not too much of a bother, then I would really appreciate if you could tell me your practice scores from the official source(where they only offer 2). I got 28 on my first try, but only 19 on my second. I was really disappointed, as I was told that those are similar to the real one. Some others say the second one is much harder.....

First one I got 31 I think but the second one was the one I got 18 on, I really struggled on it. In all honesty I thought whilst the Pearson ones might be the closest to the actual thing they are still harder.
First one I got 31 I think but the second one was the one I got 18 on, I really struggled on it. In all honesty I thought whilst the Pearson ones might be the closest to the actual thing they are still harder.

Thank you so much! I feel much better now... :smile:
I have my LNAT booked for the middle of November. Should I start studying for it now? When do you guys have yours booked?
Original post by cocoxoxo
I have my LNAT booked for the middle of November. Should I start studying for it now? When do you guys have yours booked?

I started studying in July.(I have mine booked for the middle of October.)
I started studying in July.(I have mine booked for the middle of October.)

I booked mine for oct 8 started my prep like two days ago 😭
Reply 14
Original post by salviakasana03

i prepped for whole of july and then I haven't for a month, my test is booked for 3rd october and I'm freaking now wooooppps
Original post by salviakasana03

Don't worry about it. Some people don't prep at all. What resources are you using, and what scores did you get?
Original post by nyx2911
i prepped for whole of july and then I haven't for a month, my test is booked for 3rd october and I'm freaking now wooooppps

I had less time during the start of school of course, but I always made sure to do a test and essay every week(or more). I have a couple big tests right now, but I am going to do intensive prep(3-4 tests, 3-4 essays per week-minimum) in a week....three weeks before the test. Hopefully that will prepare me for the test.

What schools are you guys applying to? I am applying to Cambridge, LSE, KCL, Bristol, Warwick.
Reply 16
I had less time during the start of school of course, but I always made sure to do a test and essay every week(or more). I have a couple big tests right now, but I am going to do intensive prep(3-4 tests, 3-4 essays per week-minimum) in a week....three weeks before the test. Hopefully that will prepare me for the test.

What schools are you guys applying to? I am applying to Cambridge, LSE, KCL, Bristol, Warwick.

Hi:smile: I’m using the ultimate LNAT collection by rohan Agarwal, Cant access aribitio(?) it’s been alright so far but the essays really scare me thought I’m managing rn. I’m applying to Oxford, KCL, LSE, Bristol/ Durham and QMUL( I want to stay in London so yepp)
I’m currently on a gap year, I got my scores in July (A*A*A* equivalent) ( I’m an international student)
All the best for your LNAT( when is yours?)
Don't worry about it. Some people don't prep at all. What resources are you using, and what scores did you get?

I'm applying to Glasgow University, as well as some other neighbouring Universities, however, on my list, Glasgow is the only one who requires the LNAT. I've been using Arbitio, which has been extremely helpful in helping me prepare. Anyone is free to use my discount 10NITASHA. :smile:
Read on Glasgow uni’s website not to book the test for 2021?
Original post by Button212
Read on Glasgow uni’s website not to book the test for 2021?

Yes it says it's under review as a condition of entry for Glasgow. However, this will only affect people for whom Glasgow is their only LNAT uni

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending