The Student Room Group

Dropping out of uni

This probably sounds really bad but I have been at uni just under a week and I already want to quit. Even though I get on with my flatmates it can be very lonely at times especially with there not being much on at the moment. Since our induction started I have also been thinking about whether a degree is actually for me or whether an apprenticeship or full time job would be better. At the moment I'm leaning more towards the apprenticeship/job outcome. I just don't want to seem like a complete failure and drop out and as if I'm giving up before it's even started to my flatmates, family and friends. I'm already not happy and I really don't know if it will get any better once it starts properly. What should I do?
Original post by anonymous1930
This probably sounds really bad but I have been at uni just under a week and I already want to quit. Even though I get on with my flatmates it can be very lonely at times especially with there not being much on at the moment. Since our induction started I have also been thinking about whether a degree is actually for me or whether an apprenticeship or full time job would be better. At the moment I'm leaning more towards the apprenticeship/job outcome. I just don't want to seem like a complete failure and drop out and as if I'm giving up before it's even started to my flatmates, family and friends. I'm already not happy and I really don't know if it will get any better once it starts properly. What should I do?

Hi, I'm due to move into uni this week. Is there anything about the uni or your course you don't like? Have you had any lecture or seminars or workshops yet or joined any societies? It might just be nerves which are normal. I would at least wait until you've had some classes before making any decision. Unis tend to have a team of people you can chat to if you've got any questions so it might be worth popping them an email and see if they have any suggestions. Good luck and whatever you end up doing, I hope you're happy :smile:
Original post by hope1279
Hi, I'm due to move into uni this week. Is there anything about the uni or your course you don't like? Have you had any lecture or seminars or workshops yet or joined any societies? It might just be nerves which are normal. I would at least wait until you've had some classes before making any decision. Unis tend to have a team of people you can chat to if you've got any questions so it might be worth popping them an email and see if they have any suggestions. Good luck and whatever you end up doing, I hope you're happy :smile:

No, the uni is lovely. It's just I'm not sure I want to go back into full-time education after having the last 6 months off, I don't think it's the right path for me and it's taken doing introductory zoom calls and reading for me to realise that I think. But, I don't know whether to wait a bit and just try to get into it. Thank you, you too

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending