The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hiineedhelp12
Oh really! When’s ur interview? I thought the last date was October 6th as they had said on the website. They already added an extra date in September but it seems like they’re adding quite a few more then!

the 11th, is that bad? like its very late so i'm assuming maybe spots are full and they just haven't updated the website ?
Original post by Docdoolittle500
They naturally want the best candidates for the course so they continue interviewing. Once they get a certain quota they request the deposit. Naturally a lot will reject the offers because of the very high costs and then they resort to those on the waiting list

So there's still a 70% chance of getting offered a place after later interviews ?
Original post by OhICUate12
the 11th, is that bad? like its very late so i'm assuming maybe spots are full and they just haven't updated the website ?

No don’t worry! That means they’re looking for better applications so u do hav a good chance
No don’t worry! That means they’re looking for better applications so u do hav a good chance

thank you :smile: are you an applicant too or?
thank you :smile: are you an applicant too or?

Yes I am, starting In jan :smile:
Yes I am, starting In jan :smile:

ohh amazing ! Could you offer any advice on what prep you did for the MMI and the resources you used ? would be greatly appreciated!
ohh amazing ! Could you offer any advice on what prep you did for the MMI and the resources you used ? would be greatly appreciated!

I just used the internet and also a book I had. But mostly the internet there are loads of websites like medic portal. Good luck don’t worry!!
I just used the internet and also a book I had. But mostly the internet there are loads of websites like medic portal. Good luck don’t worry!!

Thank you!! :smile:
Is the Jan start the same for a 2022 entry? Did it change because of Corona?
Hi! Anyone here who has confirmed their offer for 2021 entry? Might confirm my offer too
Original post by anushgaur
Hi! Anyone here who has confirmed their offer for 2021 entry? Might confirm my offer too

Yeah a lot of us have :smile:
Original post by tammyazeez

Yes, the medicine course at this uni always starts in January. Corona had no effect.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by tammyazeez

Its the same for 2022, since its a private school and the course is 4.5 years, they start earlier. I think you can go in at September though, I believe there's an option
Its the same for 2022, since its a private school and the course is 4.5 years, they start earlier. I think you can go in at September though, I believe there's an option

There isn’t an option to start the medicine course in September. They have September or January options for some other courses.

And Buckingham actually start later (so January 2021 instead of September 2020). We graduate at the same time as those that started standard 5 year courses in September 2020 at other unis.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by anushgaur

I’m declining the offer as the fees are ridiculously high- in fact it’s frightening.
The interview was good experience for the real thing next year at a traditional med school in the uk
Anyone know how long the online MMI lasts? they said something about a form part for the last session in the MMI. Thanks :smile:
Any future students from Singapore here?
Hi! I am an offer holder and have been following this thread for months now :smile:. I just wanted to know if any of international applicants are not actually going to Buckingham for a certain amount of time till the ongoing situation normalises a bit? Well, if I decide to not go to Buckingham in January can I just study virtually from home? This would save me a lot on accommodation. Any applicants who are doing this or think if it is ideal in this current scenario?

I have asked this because, even if we are there in Buckingham, there are no classes in person for the time being (am I correct?) and they will be conducting online classes and eventually we'll be doing everything from our rooms, so I was just wondering why not just study from our own respective countries or cities?
Original post by Lautobuss8
Anyone know how long the online MMI lasts? they said something about a form part for the last session in the MMI. Thanks :smile:

Ah I think each station was about 7 minutes long and in total it took almost an hour and a half or more to finish the whole interview thing.
Original post by futuremedic2001
Hi! I am an offer holder and have been following this thread for months now :smile:. I just wanted to know if any of international applicants are not actually going to Buckingham for a certain amount of time till the ongoing situation normalises a bit? Well, if I decide to not go to Buckingham in January can I just study virtually from home? This would save me a lot on accommodation. Any applicants who are doing this or think if it is ideal in this current scenario?

I have asked this because, even if we are there in Buckingham, there are no classes in person for the time being (am I correct?) and they will be conducting online classes and eventually we'll be doing everything from our rooms, so I was just wondering why not just study from our own respective countries or cities?

I dont think you can do that for January. At least for now. At the meet the dean session that we had last week, the dean said that they are planning to have us on campus for January. Lectures will be online but small group tutorials and clinical skills lab will be in person. However, if the situation got worse, they will inform us and everything will go 100% online. But for the time being, they are assuming that we are coming normally in January.

So to answer your question more clearer, you cant decide not to come to Buckingham on your own. For now, plan for coming, until they say otherwise.

Latest

Trending

Trending