The Student Room Group

Therapeutic Times with Persephone and Pals!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Yes, it's gonna be TLG's bday towards the end of the month :nutcase:

TLG doesn't actually like her birthday, but Persephone and Pals thought it's important to mention that her birthday is coming up, in the thread! We're hoping we might get to have a little therapy animal indoor picnic with her :h:

CtN

Have a fun birthday as and when it rolls around.
:party:
Hello everyone! I'm back :awesome:

Today we decided that it might help TLG feel better if she had a tidy desk :ninja: It was a real team effort as all four of us worked for over an hour to clear all the paper and dust and random coins off her desk but We Did It! :king1: Esio Trot was a bit slow, so that held us back a bit but we think we did it in a reasonable-enough timeframe :yes:

We've also put on TLG's ABBA playlist, to give her some energy. That was Calliope's suggestion :colonhash: but it seems to have done the trick!

This weekend, TLG is doing her volunteering, so we need to do some prep work for that too :work:

What's everyone else doing this weekend? :h:

PtTP

Original post by Muttley79
It's a good excuse for a party :rave:

:party2:

Original post by Iñigo de Loyola
Have a fun birthday as and when it rolls around.
:party:

Thank you both :biggrin:

:grouphugs:

PtTP
Reply 82
That sounds like a very nice thing to do for TLG Persephone!
Tonight I am having some friends over to have a "Senior BBQ" (our school's tradition we can no longer actually do) and play games and eat yummy food!
Original post by nmah
Tonight I am having some friends over to have a "Senior BBQ" (our school's tradition we can no longer actually do) and play games and eat yummy food!

That is sad that covid means you can't do your school tradition as normal, but we are so pleased that you get to do something with your friends, nmah! :jumphug: You've been working very hard and deserve to have some fun :yep:

PtTP
Reply 84
That is sad that covid means you can't do your school tradition as normal, but we are so pleased that you get to do something with your friends, nmah! :jumphug: You've been working very hard and deserve to have some fun :yep:

PtTP

Well thank you Persephone!!:heart:
Original post by nmah

Have fun!
:woo: ABBA :music:
Wow maybe I should clean my desk tomorrow then :ninja: Well done all for your valiant efforts earlier! :hugs:
Original post by laurawatt
:woo: ABBA :music:
Wow maybe I should clean my desk tomorrow then :ninja: Well done all for your valiant efforts earlier! :hugs:

TLG says cleaning desks is overrated, but we humbly disagree! :yep:

How are you doing, Laura? :hugs:
Hello everyone :hi:

Daddy TLG woke us up very early today :eek: so we are a bit sleepy :colondollar:

Tomorrow TLG is volunteering, so we've been trying to help her prep. She's interviewing some geography students. I asked her what geography is and she said it's to do with different parts of the Earth. I asked her if that includes Antarctica and she said yes :ahee:

I asked TLG whether one of her questions should be about penguins in Antarctica :awesome: TLG said that she will ask about global warming affecting that region. I guess that's a good compromise :colondollar:

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend :moon:

PtTP :h:

Original post by nmah

How did it go, nmah? :h:

PtTP
Hello Persephone :wavey:

Well done on the desk tidying :smile:

Are you and your pals planning a party for TLG as a surprise? I think it might be fun :smile:

We have gone to see family this weekend but it's very wet and rainy.
Hi Persephone and TLG!

Good luck for your volunteering tomorrow.

Also, well done for cleaning your desk. I’m still trying to get the motivation to clean mine! Perhaps, I will do it next weekend. 😁
Original post by Muttley79
Hello Persephone :wavey:

Well done on the desk tidying :smile:

Are you and your pals planning a party for TLG as a surprise? I think it might be fun :smile:

We have gone to see family this weekend but it's very wet and rainy.

Thank you Muttley! We wish TLG could just keep a tidy desk herself - that would make life a lot easier for all of us. We're glad we decided to take action when we did though: otherwise who knows how messy it would have got?!?! :headfire:

Ooooh a Surprise Party! That's a nice idea. Are Surprise Parties Very British? :holmes:

We will see nearer the time what we can organise :ninja:

Yay for seeing family. It has been pretty rainy here as well :sadnod:

PtTP
Original post by 5hyl33n
Hi Persephone and TLG!

Good luck for your volunteering tomorrow.

Also, well done for cleaning your desk. I’m still trying to get the motivation to clean mine! Perhaps, I will do it next weekend. 😁

Thank you so much, 5! (Can I call you 5? :colondollar: ) :h:

Maybe you ought to invest in a Therapy Penguin who can tidy it for you :wink:

TLG
Reply 92
How did it go, nmah? :h:

PtTP

It was very fun! I am quite tired today after baking dinner rolls and chocolate-pumpkin cupcakes all yesterday:jacko: But we played many games, had lots of laughs, and WAY too much sugar, it was a great time.:party:
TLG says cleaning desks is overrated, but we humbly disagree! :yep:

How are you doing, Laura? :hugs:

Hehe I think I agree with TLG here :mmm:
I am doing okay thank you :hugs: lots of revision happening - mocks, MAT prep and UCAS all at once :eek: side note: do you have any particular opinion on univ college? :ninja:

Good luck for volunteering tomorrow!!
Original post by nmah
It was very fun! I am quite tired today after baking dinner rolls and chocolate-pumpkin cupcakes all yesterday:jacko: But we played many games, had lots of laughs, and WAY too much sugar, it was a great time.:party:

Yaaaay, we're so happy you had a great time :woo:

What are dinner rolls? :ninja: I guess if you were baking loads of them, they must be very yummy :biggrin:

Is there such a thing as too much sugar? :dontknow: :iiam: :ninja:

PtTP
I am doing okay thank you :hugs: lots of revision happening - mocks, MAT prep and UCAS all at once :eek: side note: do you have any particular opinion on univ college? :ninja:

:eek: That def is a lot going on, Laura :sadnod: Hope you are keeping cheerful and taking breaks though? :hugs:

Univ is nice and a pretty good location too! :yep: One of my best friends is the music lecturer there :biggrin:

PtTP
:eek: That def is a lot going on, Laura :sadnod: Hope you are keeping cheerful and taking breaks though? :hugs:

Univ is nice and a pretty good location too! :yep: One of my best friends is the music lecturer there :biggrin:

PtTP

Oddly enough I’m enjoying doing things for a purpose :h: Just finished watching strictly :gah: (that’s a Very British Thing, Persephone :yep:)

Ooh thanks! :hugs:
Reply 96

I am applying to univ! What do you think of it?:biggrin:
Reply 97
Yaaaay, we're so happy you had a great time :woo:

What are dinner rolls? :ninja: I guess if you were baking loads of them, they must be very yummy :biggrin:

Is there such a thing as too much sugar? :dontknow: :iiam: :ninja:

PtTP

Dinner rolls are like little loaves of bread, but a little sweet! And it was too much sugar, I crashed after and had to sleep for a long time:u:
Original post by nmah
I am applying to univ! What do you think of it?:biggrin:

Oooh :awesome: I liked it when I visited :yes: the libraries were pretty cool and I liked the accommodation!
Oddly enough I’m enjoying doing things for a purpose :h: Just finished watching strictly :gah: (that’s a Very British Thing, Persephone :yep:)

Ooh thanks! :hugs:

That's good you are benefiting from having a Purpose. Having a Purpose is a Very Good Thing indeed :yep:

Oooh, we have heard about Strictly but not seen much of it. Mummy TLG and Daddy TLG are addicted to it :yep: TLG's fave Strictly dance routine was Ed Balls doing 'Gangnam Style' just for the sheer lol factor :biggrin:

PtTP
Original post by nmah
Dinner rolls are like little loaves of bread, but a little sweet! And it was too much sugar, I crashed after and had to sleep for a long time:u:

That sounds epic :gah:

Sleep is good for the soul :yep:

PtTP

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending