The Student Room Group

SSE Graduate Scheme

Has anyone applied? What scheme have you applied for? How are you finding the process?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by prostheticzeta
Has anyone applied? What scheme have you applied for? How are you finding the process?

I applied for the commercial scheme, I passed the SJT test but failed the inductive reasoning test, one of the hardest ones I've done out of other grad schemes I've applied for so far.
Original post by truttps
I applied for the commercial scheme, I passed the SJT test but failed the inductive reasoning test, one of the hardest ones I've done out of other grad schemes I've applied for so far.

No way, really? I passed the SJT too, and just training up for the numerical one. I've applied for the project management scheme, I hope it's not going to be as intense :biggrin:!! What kind of questions were they? Mega graphs or more logical stuff?
No way, really? I passed the SJT too, and just training up for the numerical one. I've applied for the project management scheme, I hope it's not going to be as intense :biggrin:!! What kind of questions were they? Mega graphs or more logical stuff?

So for the commercial, it was just inductive reasoning with SHL I believe, so identifying patterns/relationships in sequences of shapes. I would imagine numerical will be interpreting data from graphs etc and workout out ratios, percentages etc (based on what I've done in other numerical tests). Hope that helps.
Original post by truttps
So for the commercial, it was just inductive reasoning with SHL I believe, so identifying patterns/relationships in sequences of shapes. I would imagine numerical will be interpreting data from graphs etc and workout out ratios, percentages etc (based on what I've done in other numerical tests). Hope that helps.

ahh, I get you. Ngl, I think I would have preferred looking at patterns over this anytime :biggrin:!! like, oh my days, I just did the numerical one now.... NEVER AGAIN. Don't think I've passed that in any shape or form
Original post by truttps

I've also applied for Commercial. I passed SJT too and just completed the numeracy test I rang out of time and only completed 8 out of 10 questions. Which obviously doesn't bode well. I agree on the difficultly, how long did it take you to get a reply?
Original post by asmyth2222
I've also applied for Commercial. I passed SJT too and just completed the numeracy test I rang out of time and only completed 8 out of 10 questions. Which obviously doesn't bode well. I agree on the difficultly, how long did it take you to get a reply?

It took 3 days for them to respond back to me.

After I completed the numericals, says that they will get back to me hopefully in November. So a bit of a wait now.
Any updates from anyone? Still waiting post online tests
Any updates from anyone? Still waiting post online tests

Hi no update here

I'd imagine it may be a while. But I'm not really confident How did you find the numeracy test. Did you complete the 10 questions in the 18 minutes?
Hi no update here

I'd imagine it may be a while. But I'm not really confident How did you find the numeracy test. Did you complete the 10 questions in the 18 minutes?

Gosh, the numerical test was soo hard. Nearly cried when the time ran out! Although, I did super badly in another application with similar style questions but I passed, so hopefully, SSE aren't too strict either.
Has anyone sat the online test for the 'trainee solicitor' position? I just sat it and it was awfully difficult...24 questions mainly a mix of numeracy and inductive. I only managed to complete 12 and don't feel I even got many of those right. There was also no SJT test. Just wondering if anyone else has done this and what their experience was? I wonder how much weight they put on these tests...
Original post by Aspiring96
Has anyone sat the online test for the 'trainee solicitor' position? I just sat it and it was awfully difficult...24 questions mainly a mix of numeracy and inductive. I only managed to complete 12 and don't feel I even got many of those right. There was also no SJT test. Just wondering if anyone else has done this and what their experience was? I wonder how much weight they put on these tests...

The point of these tests is to measure you
Current strengths and identify your potential. They are hard, and I really struggled but don’t be too worried! They are design to test people, but we arent by all means Expected to be wonderkids. If the decide to reject us, it’s their loss! We just need to sit tight and wait until they announce the next stage in November (As per their email).
Has anyone heard back post-test?
Original post by Aspiring96
Has anyone heard back post-test?

Not yet :frown:! Still waiting..
Reply 15
Does anyone know what happens at the interview stage?
Original post by tsa19
Does anyone know what happens at the interview stage?

Does that mean you Have you heard back from them post OT :O?! And no lol, they are so secretive!!
Ok, so I've applied for the engineering scheme. I completed all the tests and only got to Q8 of the numerical one. Was definitely the hardest test I've done. Since then I've now heard back that I have passed and have been invited to a video interview. Two others in my year haven't heard back yet so I'm not sure what is happening with them. I received an email to the interview last Thursday.
Original post by cotter117
Ok, so I've applied for the engineering scheme. I completed all the tests and only got to Q8 of the numerical one. Was definitely the hardest test I've done. Since then I've now heard back that I have passed and have been invited to a video interview. Two others in my year haven't heard back yet so I'm not sure what is happening with them. I received an email to the interview last Thursday.

Nice one! Congratulations! Yeah haha if you scroll up, others have found the test super hard too. Perhaps the engineering dept. Is more on it with the applications then! I’ve applied for project management and did my test in early October, so who knows when they’ll get back
Original post by cotter117

Did you complete the video interview? i got video interview for it and technology graduate today

Quick Reply

Latest