The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Depends on context, I only use that word to refer to someone if they're properly earned it.
Insulting at the very least.
Reply 3
Original post by StriderHort
Depends on context, I only use that word to refer to someone if they're properly earned it.

Properly earned it in what sense do you mean? And also I’m kinda talking more like in general terms when guys or artists will just say “bi*tches” instead of “women” or “girls”.
Reply 4
Original post by barnetlad
Insulting at the very least.

What about more general terms like in our modern pop culture?? What’s ur take?
Ask yourself why you've partially had to censor the word in this post's title.
No, it's a term of endearment.
Original post by MaryamKH
Properly earned it in what sense do you mean? And also I’m kinda talking more like in general terms when guys or artists will just say “bi*tches” instead of “women” or “girls”.

Generally through consistently acting extremely bitter and venomous while trying to cause trouble for others, Like If i said 'Katie Hopkins is a mean spirited *****' I doubt many would argue the fact.

Using it just a method of address is just naff really, just another cringey alpha bro thing.
Reply 8

Referring to women as that is more trashy than anything. In poor taste.

And walking up to someone and flat out calling them that is clearly meant to be insulting.
i call ALL my friends *****es even the boys
they don't care because they know i'm joking
umm depends on context tbh aha im a girl n i call my closest friends 'my b*tches' sometimes as a term of endearment but at the same time if someone p*sses me off too much n behaves like one then i will call em it in a rude way (only to their face tho, nvr behind their backs lol) but i disagree with it being used in songs or by guys to refer to girls bcuz we have names n feelings uno? ahahaha but i will call guys or girls b*tches cuz i dont think it shld be an insult for girls only
Reply 11
Original post by Strange5050
Ask yourself why you've partially had to censor the word in this post's title.

Ummmm becoz then TSR will censor the whole thing?? So yall wouldn’t know wut I’m talking about
Ummmm becoz then TSR will censor the whole thing?? So yall wouldn’t know wut I’m talking about

i noticed that when i wrote my reply XD

If it wasn't considered offensive, then why would they have to censor the entire thing? Logic?
Reply 14
Original post by BoomBaamBing
No, it's a term of endearment.

Is it tho?? I mean u might use it that way but on average women r called it 400,000 times a day and this is just on Twitter - and this is only when they’ve regarded it as offensive so not the banter thing.
(edited 3 years ago)
With my friends it doesn't matter because we know we're joking but with people who aren't that close or comfortable with it then you shouldn't because it is deemed offensive.
Reply 16
Original post by LovelyMrFox
Referring to women as that is more trashy than anything. In poor taste.

And walking up to someone and flat out calling them that is clearly meant to be insulting.

That’s what i think! But every time I tell someone not to call me that they think I’m being too sensitive or over the top, if I don’t like it in music than they say I just need to lighten up and it’s only a joke. Wtf
Reply 17
Original post by poppyrose02
i call ALL my friends *****es even the boys
they don't care because they know i'm joking

So what about in music?? Or guys u don’t know, or just when ur being annoying someone will call u that?? I’m not coming for u loll I’m just curious
Yes that's the point of saying it...
Reply 19
Original post by M_Zara
umm depends on context tbh aha im a girl n i call my closest friends 'my b*tches' sometimes as a term of endearment but at the same time if someone p*sses me off too much n behaves like one then i will call em it in a rude way (only to their face tho, nvr behind their backs lol) but i disagree with it being used in songs or by guys to refer to girls bcuz we have names n feelings uno? ahahaha but i will call guys or girls b*tches cuz i dont think it shld be an insult for girls only

But what about in pop culture where guys address all girls as “b*tiches”

Latest