The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Who do universities choose to give offers to first?

I've noticed that Warwick has already started giving out offers for BSc Economics; on what basis do they decide who to give offers out to first?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by mike_dewhurst1
if your not crap

an A*AA applicant received an offer before someone w/ A*A*A*A so idt that's true lol
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by Anonymous
an A*AA applicant received an offer before someone w/ A*A*A*A so idt that's true lol

no the 4a* application could have weeker GCSE or ps and a worse application i/e more crap
I've noticed that Warwick has already started giving out offers for BSc Economics; on what basis do they decide who to give offers out to first?

I am starting to get concerned too. I am predicted 3 A*s and I got 2 9s 4 8s 2 7s 2 6s and a B in Additional Maths. I am panicking slightly I cannot lie. I am starting to think I will not get into Warwick as I would have heard something by now.
Reply 4
I am starting to get concerned too. I am predicted 3 A*s and I got 2 9s 4 8s 2 7s 2 6s and a B in Additional Maths. I am panicking slightly I cannot lie. I am starting to think I will not get into Warwick as I would have heard something by now.

Where else did u apply? And 3A*s - do u not take FM?

What were your GCSEs? I am trying to tell whether or not they are determining it via GCSEs or more via predicted grades and PS. I do not like it how they give offers separately and not all on one day. I have applied for EPAIS and my friend has applied for Economics BSc and he got predicted all A*s (Maths, Further maths, Physics, Chemistry) and he got all 9s in his GCSEs his PS was excellent too. We both got to a private school however and I am wondering if that has something to do with it and they are weighting grades.
Reply 6

We can't know their thought process - they have until next year to give out offers, so you still have every chance to get in unless they explicitly reject you, which they clearly have not. No need to worry yet, it's still early in the process!
Where else did u apply? And 3A*s - do u not take FM?

I applied for EPAIS at Warwick, Politics and Economics at LSE, Political Economy at Birmingham (Got an offer) and HSPS at Cambridge. I do not take FM I did an EPQ and got an A* in that though I did that last year.
Original post by mike_dewhurst1
you should panic applicants of your calibre should have gotten offers by now

Given you're predicted 4A*s and have applied to Warwick, have you received an offer?
Original post by Interea
We can't know their thought process - they have until next year to give out offers, so you still have every chance to get in unless they explicitly reject you, which they clearly have not. No need to worry yet, it's still early in the process!

Thanks for the reassurance :smile: I appreciate it. I am worried though. I think I have not gotten in.
What were your GCSEs? I am trying to tell whether or not they are determining it via GCSEs or more via predicted grades and PS. I do not like it how they give offers separately and not all on one day. I have applied for EPAIS and my friend has applied for Economics BSc and he got predicted all A*s (Maths, Further maths, Physics, Chemistry) and he got all 9s in his GCSEs his PS was excellent too. We both got to a private school however and I am wondering if that has something to do with it and they are weighting grades.

GCSEs: 8 A*s & 2 A's
Has you received received an offer yet?

your friend*
Thanks for the reassurance :smile: I appreciate it. I am worried though. I think I have not gotten in.

Oh I completely get it, I'm waiting on all my options still too :smile: Just got to wait it out, the speed of offer really means nothing in the grand scheme of things.

No I have received an offer from Birmingham for Political Economy with Year Abroad and that is it so far. I am certain I will not get in and I am looking at other options as a back up plan.
your friend*

No he has not. That is what is concerning me. I think something is wrong. His personal statement was good.
No he has not. That is what is concerning me. I think something is wrong. His personal statement was good.

are u both home students?
don't worry, they say the give out offers from now to the end of march, they probably just havent read your application yet as im sure they get loads :smile:

Yes we are both British and study in the United Kingdom.

I sent my application off on September 30th (Almost a month a go) it was not like I did it recently.
Original post by Interea
Oh I completely get it, I'm waiting on all my options still too :smile: Just got to wait it out, the speed of offer really means nothing in the grand scheme of things.

Good luck and I hope everything goes well!

Quick Reply

Latest