The Student Room Group

collecting a prescription

sorry if this sounds dumb but I've never done this before so not really sure what to do. I had a call from my doctor earlier saying they're sending some antibiotics to the pharmacy down my road and it'll take about 2 hours. should I ring the pharmacy before I go to check its there or do I need to go down and ask? also I haven't been given anything like a sheet with my prescription on like usual, do I just go in and give my name?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
sorry if this sounds dumb but I've never done this before so not really sure what to do. I had a call from my doctor earlier saying they're sending some antibiotics to the pharmacy down my road and it'll take about 2 hours. should I ring the pharmacy before I go to check its there or do I need to go down and ask? also I haven't been given anything like a sheet with my prescription on like usual, do I just go in and give my name?

You just go to the counter and say "Hi, can I collect a prescription for Jane Smith" (replace Jane Smith with your own name).

If the prescription has been made up already, they'll ask you for your address before handing it over.

If it's not ready, they'll tell you how much longer you need to wait ("it'll be about 10 minutes"). If you're waiting, they'll probably call your name once it's ready and ask for your address before they hand it over.

This is how it has worked in every pharmacy I've used.

They might also quickly run through the anything important you need to know (e.g. "make sure you take this after food", or "make sure you keep this in the fridge", or "take it just before you go to bed", etc), though obviously you should also check the label and any printed instructions you get.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending