The Student Room Group

can u just walk into a specsavers and try on glasses

if you already have a prescription.
do u have to make an appointment or anything to try on glasses and get them fitted and stuff?
Reply 1
I think, so you can walk ....
Reply 2
Original post by elixirhtc
I think, so you can walk ....

yeh i can walk. but will they LET me?
Reply 3
call up the store and make an appointment
Original post by Anonymous
if you already have a prescription.
do u have to make an appointment or anything to try on glasses and get them fitted and stuff?

You can go in and try on. if they are busy and you don't have an appointment you might have to wait to find a member of staff free. But yes, basically you can take your prescription and wander round stores trying on frames before deciding where to purchase.
Reply 5
Original post by threeportdrift
You can go in and try on. if they are busy and you don't have an appointment you might have to wait to find a member of staff free. But yes, basically you can take your prescription and wander round stores trying on frames before deciding where to purchase.

excellent
what's the process for finding ones that are the right size? do frames even come in different sizes/ with those nose pad things differently adjusted?
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous #1
excellent
what's the process for finding ones that are the right size? do frames even come in different sizes/ with those nose pad things differently adjusted?

Yeah you can I did this in Vision Express, eventually a member of staff will approach you and you can just explain to them that you have your prescription and you are browsing, you choose the ones you want then they take measurements and you pay then they send off the request for the glasses to be made, a week later you go back they check that they fit properly and make adjustments as required then you can go back in 2 years/ a year depending on your age and condition, for another eye test

Quick Reply

Latest