The Student Room Group

Clearing law

Could anyone tell me which universities had law courses in clearing? Did Warwick, Edinburgh, or Bristol have one for example?
Original post by gizmo2020
Could anyone tell me which universities had law courses in clearing? Did Warwick, Edinburgh, or Bristol have one for example?

None of those as I recall.
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
None of those as I recall.

Which ones do you recall? Do you know of a site where I could check it?
Here is a list of some popular unis that I noted having vacancies for the LLB in Clearing on A level results day:

Aberdeen ABB not accepting applications from Scottish or EU students
Aston BCC
Birmingham vacancies for international students only at around AAA.
Bristol vacancies for international students only at A*AA or A*A*B & LNAT
Alternative courses for home students include History at AAA (ABB contextual)
Buckingham BBB-BBC
Cardiff AAB-ABB
City ABB-BBB
Dundee vacancies for English/NI/Welsh students only AAB
Durham - not in Clearing & Adjustment
East Anglia AAB/ABB
Essex BBB
Exeter had vacancies in early Clearing for international students only at their main campus at BBC or equivalent. They also had Law with Business vacancies at their smaller campus in Cornwall (Penryn) at BBB for UK/EU students but these were filled before A level results day.
Goldsmiths ABB
Huddersfield (BBB or equivalent UCAS points)
Hull around BBB but call the Clearing Hotline to discuss
Keele BBB/ABC
Kent ABB
Kings A*A*A call admissions on +44 (0)20 3858 1050 for possible Adjustment otherwise consider an alternative course
Lancaster AAB for LLB Law or BBB for BA Criminology with Law
ULaw BBB
Leicester BCC
Manchester AAA/AAB contextual
Newcastle ABB on results day
Nottingham AAB plus LNAT
Nottingham Trent BBB
Oxford Brookes BCC-CDD contextual
QMUL around AAA but places filled by mid morning
Queens Belfast BBB/ABC
Reading offer given at ACD
Royal Holloway CCC
Sheffield ABB
Southampton ABB
Surrey ABB-BBB
Sussex BCC
Swansea - around BBB but phone the Clearing hotline to discuss
Warwick did not have vacancies for Law but they did have alternative vacancies such as History or English at BBB
York - LLB vacancies for international students only at AAB. Alternative courses for home students with ABB include History, English & Philosophy
Original post by gizmo2020

Hi @gizmo2020,

As mentioned above, I am aware we offered Law in clearing at the University of Hull. Our typical offer for Law is BBB however we consider the individual as a person and not just a set of grades so if are interested in Hull and you have any relevant experience then please do be sure to mention that!

Our Law course can be found here with the following 6 points being key reasons to study at Hull:

1. Give real legal advice to real clients
2. Earn while you learn on a paid summer internship
3. 99% graduate employability rating*
4. Learn the legal ropes in our mock courtroom
5. Study abroad for a year and make international contacts
6. Compete, network and boost your CV with our Law Society

We also offer Law courses which aren't pure Law which you can find more details about here.

These include, Law with Criminology, Law with Politics, Law with Business Management, amongst others.

If you have any questions about our Law course and what it is like to be a student at Hull then please click here to speak to our Law Ambassaor, Chloe.

Take care,
Millie
Student Rep
Reply 5
Original post by harrysbar
Here is a list of some popular unis that I noted having vacancies for the LLB in Clearing on A level results day:

Aberdeen ABB not accepting applications from Scottish or EU students
Aston BCC
Birmingham vacancies for international students only at around AAA.
Bristol vacancies for international students only at A*AA or A*A*B & LNAT
Alternative courses for home students include History at AAA (ABB contextual)
Buckingham BBB-BBC
Cardiff AAB-ABB
City ABB-BBB
Dundee vacancies for English/NI/Welsh students only AAB
Durham - not in Clearing & Adjustment
East Anglia AAB/ABB
Essex BBB
Exeter had vacancies in early Clearing for international students only at their main campus at BBC or equivalent. They also had Law with Business vacancies at their smaller campus in Cornwall (Penryn) at BBB for UK/EU students but these were filled before A level results day.
Goldsmiths ABB
Huddersfield (BBB or equivalent UCAS points)
Hull around BBB but call the Clearing Hotline to discuss
Keele BBB/ABC
Kent ABB
Kings A*A*A call admissions on +44 (0)20 3858 1050 for possible Adjustment otherwise consider an alternative course
Lancaster AAB for LLB Law or BBB for BA Criminology with Law
ULaw BBB
Leicester BCC
Manchester AAA/AAB contextual
Newcastle ABB on results day
Nottingham AAB plus LNAT
Nottingham Trent BBB
Oxford Brookes BCC-CDD contextual
QMUL around AAA but places filled by mid morning
Queens Belfast BBB/ABC
Reading offer given at ACD
Royal Holloway CCC
Sheffield ABB
Southampton ABB
Surrey ABB-BBB
Sussex BCC
Swansea - around BBB but phone the Clearing hotline to discuss
Warwick did not have vacancies for Law but they did have alternative vacancies such as History or English at BBB
York - LLB vacancies for international students only at AAB. Alternative courses for home students with ABB include History, English & Philosophy

Thank you very much!
Reply 6
Original post by Uni of Hull Students
Hi @gizmo2020,

As mentioned above, I am aware we offered Law in clearing at the University of Hull. Our typical offer for Law is BBB however we consider the individual as a person and not just a set of grades so if are interested in Hull and you have any relevant experience then please do be sure to mention that!

Our Law course can be found here with the following 6 points being key reasons to study at Hull:

1. Give real legal advice to real clients
2. Earn while you learn on a paid summer internship
3. 99% graduate employability rating*
4. Learn the legal ropes in our mock courtroom
5. Study abroad for a year and make international contacts
6. Compete, network and boost your CV with our Law Society

We also offer Law courses which aren't pure Law which you can find more details about here.

These include, Law with Criminology, Law with Politics, Law with Business Management, amongst others.

If you have any questions about our Law course and what it is like to be a student at Hull then please click here to speak to our Law Ambassaor, Chloe.

Take care,
Millie
Student Rep

Thank you! I will most definitely take a look at the courses you provide.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending