The Student Room Group

Do girls find rich guys more attractive?

In comparison to other guys?

Scroll to see replies

Some do.
Wealthy guys are often very entitled, demanding and in the habit of trading money for control.
Reply 2
Yes, definitely. But guys have to put on big displays of wealth such as flashy cars and expensive houses, otherwise girls aren't gonna notice. A guy who's rich but humble with money and doesn't spend a lot won't get much attention from girls.
This is true lol
For me they tend to be able to offer more (ie. in personality, hobbies, common interests) and they’re more confident and outgoing. Based purely on wealth, then no.
Original post by Anonymous
In comparison to other guys?

It's complex.

Best answer I can give is:

Get rich.

Then when you are meeting women randomly take one of two different approaches.
1 be ostentatious about your wealth. Wear that Patek Phillipe watch. Turn up in the new Lambo. Tell her about your bank balance and your multi-national company.
2 downplay your wealth. Wear clothes from charity shops. Turn up by public transport or a 12 year old family hatchback. Don't mention your bank balance and downplay what you do for a living when asked about it.

And see how you get on with each type of approach.

There are very wealthy men that have found that approach number 2 works better for them when meeting women.
Why? It's all down to - a proportion of - women changing from "I'm on an adventure with this guy" mode to "This guy is a provider" mode.
'A more financially advantageous prospect' might be more how a woman might view a richer man.
Bear in mind that a richer guy might be able to spend more money on himself.
Reply 7
Original post by Rufus the red
'A more financially advantageous prospect' might be more how a woman might view a richer man.
Bear in mind that a richer guy might be able to spend more money on himself.

No girl would stick around with a rich guy who spends money on himself but not her. The only thing at the front of their minds is how much can a guy spend on her, and that's directly proportional to her level of attraction to him.
Were you working at Bvlgari, St. Pancras Renaissance, The Lanesborough or The Ritz?
Many do, yes.
The only girls that would like a more wealthy guy is gold diggers. I personally dont want a guy with alot of money because they he would show it off which isnt right because some people try so hard to get money but still end up being poor
I mean who doesn’t like getting nice gifts and going on holidays
Original post by asif007
Yes, definitely. But guys have to put on big displays of wealth such as flashy cars and expensive houses, otherwise girls aren't gonna notice. A guy who's rich but humble with money and doesn't spend a lot won't get much attention from girls.

THIS!
Rich guy intimidates me but a humble rich guy with good values and attitude definitely attracts me LOL
U don't know that... not saying there aren't plenty of girls on Seeking coz there r...but it's not always true. I visited plenty of hotels with master when I was 18 and I did so coz I loved being with him. He is not xactly rich but he is very resourceful. I pretended to be his daughter during rp sometimes too :wink: But then he used points and typically didn't stay at 5-star places so u didn't see him n me.... that's prolly oligarchs and sheikhs who own the world and have plenty of hookers.

I agree 100pc with @londonmyst coz rich dudes r often in the habit of using wealth to control everyone around them including fam and employees as well as gfs. This makes it hard for even them to understand s'times whether they r acting on normal human emotion or not and often they have a very transactional view of the world and other humans.

I always wonder how many "friends" these ppl would have if they were in the lower half of the income distribution....
Reply 15
Not particularly wealthy/ rich but I find it very attractive when a man can support himself, has enough money to get by but isn’t breaking the bank each month. I guess it stems more from being in a previous relationship where I was the breadwinner and relied on for support, whilst his earnings were spend on booze and going out all the time.

Being self-sufficient and a hard worker are all pluses.
(edited 3 years ago)
I agree I need a man to be self-sufficient and get by coz he works and does so hard and well. I don't support him. But then I don't xpect him to support me. I take pride in supporting myself. I am independent and make my own choices without ever feeling financially obligated and my life is more pure coz of it. I feel uncomfortable with dudes who use money as a shower xpecting to be granted intimacy and fealty coz of that....but some girls r into it no denying. But they usually get used more than they xpect with guys like that.
There we go, the good old standards that were once lost.
Original post by asif007
No girl would stick around with a rich guy who spends money on himself but not her. The only thing at the front of their minds is how much can a guy spend on her, and that's directly proportional to her level of attraction to him.

Yes, but I was saying that if the guy can afford to buy better things for himself he will look more attractive.
I never said that a guy doing that would also be stingy towards a partner.
Original post by asif007

Some girls do.
Often those who don't want to get married, have any children or risk getting involved with a guy who earns less than they do.

I left stalker ex, his gorgeous dog and penthouse apartment as a 19 year old undergrad when my only income was from my maintainence loan.
I ended the relationship as soon as I realised that we were sexually incompatible, his sordid secret hobbies put my health at risk and revolted me.
I'm still too disgusted to enter the same room as him six years later.
That was my longest relationship, I started dating him at 17 and moved in before a level exams were over.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending