The Student Room Group

Speeding fine

Today I was doing 35mph in a 30mph (oops my bad) as I checked my dashcam after to see what speed I was doing. My passenger noticed there was a speed camera on a tripod after going past. She thought the police guy though was talking to someone (probably stopped a car) and was near the camera but not actively looking through it as they were dealing with someone.

I have a clean licence and my insurance is coming up in two months.

How likely is it will I be fined? Can these machines just be left (which means I will get fined) or does someone need to be actively operating it at the time?
Original post by Anonymous
Today I was doing 35mph in a 30mph (oops my bad) as I checked my dashcam after to see what speed I was doing. My passenger noticed there was a speed camera on a tripod after going past. She thought the police guy though was talking to someone (probably stopped a car) and was near the camera but not actively looking through it as they were dealing with someone.

I have a clean licence and my insurance is coming up in two months.

How likely is it will I be fined? Can these machines just be left (which means I will get fined) or does someone need to be actively operating it at the time?

If it’s your first time, you’ll most likely get the speed awareness course. That’s IF you were caught. These remote cameras do have to be manned.
Original post by Anonymous
If it’s your first time, you’ll most likely get the speed awareness course. That’s IF you were caught. These remote cameras do have to be manned.

I agree.
If you do happen to get caught and get offered the speed awareness course I'd take it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending