The Student Room Group

Computer science puzzles

Hi, does anybody know where I can find practice computer science puzzles and riddles? Like you know, logical riddles but not of the "which person was the murderer" type but more of the problem-solving type. Would be best if it was free and online.

I am entering a competition this week, so that's why
oh yeah umm do the bebras challenges
Original post by SHADOW_SCRIPT
oh yeah umm do the bebras challenges

Already did
Coding puzzles
Original post by Nothinghere21
Already did

Going through some Bebras past papers perhaps?
umm how bout cyber discovery?
Reply 6
If you're looking for coding puzzles, the British Informatics Olympiad papers should give you some challenge, https://www.olympiad.org.uk/problems.html lots of computing problems here.

If you're also looking to improve problem solving in general, look at senior maths challenges questions 20-25 (http://vle.woodhouse.ac.uk/topicdocs/maths/smchome.htm) and British Math Olympiad and Senior Kangaroo Papers (google can find these)

If you exhaust both of those resources then:
1) For more coding problems, use leetcode, topcoder, codeforces etc etc
2) For more maths puzzle/problem solving questions use AOPS website for their contest collections
3) If you want a good mix of both, use project euler (https://projecteuler.net/)
Reply 7
Hi, does anybody know where I can find practice computer science puzzles and riddles? Like you know, logical riddles but not of the "which person was the murderer" type but more of the problem-solving type. Would be best if it was free and online.

Try Looking up CTF (Capture the Flag) challenges. These are frequent and there should be several free ones on the internet to try out

the only problem you need to solve is your neek activities.
Original post by eagerbadger123
the only problem you need to solve is your neek activities.

look whos talking

wait, r u doing cyber centurion?
Nvm, I just did the contest, got 3rd place 👍🏻

And nope, I won't stop doing "neek" activities. Who built the device you wrote this comment on?
nice! Which contest did u do?
Original post by SHADOW_SCRIPT
nice! Which contest did u do?

It was one at my school. You could compete with other ppl in the country but we did not get to
oh, so what did u manage to do?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending