The Student Room Group

Anyone else experience this?

So I have been in a relationship with this girl for nearly two months now and it’s going alright but there are some things which turn me off a little. I think she is just very needy and craves infraction a lot throughout the day, and I need my own space sometimes. She also told me she loves after 2 weeks of us being a couple which took me by surprise a bit, in addition to this she told me how all her family members were saying how good it was she found someone like me. Don’t get me wrong she’s lovely and the compliments are nice but I can’t help but feel a little overwhelmed by it all as it’s my first relationship and she’s putting a little bit of pressure on me to make it work in my opinion. My friends have told me to give it some time, and I think I’ll see what the situation is like in January before I start my masters. Diode anyone else have a needy or clingy partner, and if so how do you cope with it? Thanks to whoever reads this.
Original post by Anonymous
So I have been in a relationship with this girl for nearly two months now and it’s going alright but there are some things which turn me off a little. I think she is just very needy and craves infraction a lot throughout the day, and I need my own space sometimes. She also told me she loves after 2 weeks of us being a couple which took me by surprise a bit, in addition to this she told me how all her family members were saying how good it was she found someone like me. Don’t get me wrong she’s lovely and the compliments are nice but I can’t help but feel a little overwhelmed by it all as it’s my first relationship and she’s putting a little bit of pressure on me to make it work in my opinion. My friends have told me to give it some time, and I think I’ll see what the situation is like in January before I start my masters. Diode anyone else have a needy or clingy partner, and if so how do you cope with it? Thanks to whoever reads this.

I think I can help answer this. I was that clingy person at the beginning of me and my girlfriend’s now 2 year relationship, she was the opposite, but she adopted to me and started being a little more affectionate at times and I started to give her a little more space and eventually we found a golden spot where we were both happy. The most important thing for you to do is to express these thoughts and emotions to your partner and go from there. If you really aren’t that type of person and that kind of thing isn’t for you then it’s time to think whether that relationship is worth making yourself unhappy/ changing yourself for. If you like her for all her other features and she’s good to you and vice versa I don’t see why you both couldn’t come to an agreement.
Rule 1 -don't change for that person. If you feel they are being needy just tell them that you are feeling a little overwhelmed about it all, if you're happy spending time with them then just continue to do that but tell them that you feel you just want to slow it down abit. I am ion the same situation but i am being the person who is being a bit too full on BUT i came to realise its because i was overthinking how i felt last time when we didn't speak for almost a year and because i got her back i started to go searching for either reassurance or thinking negatively like shes going to find someone else etc . i admit that but i would never tell them i am being needy unless they tell me but by ignoring the issue and ignoring them it will make them worse

Communication is the key, tell her how you feel but don't use the 'I need space' line because they will think you are saying that its over, unless you want it to be then tell her its over....its 2020 bro look whats happened already this year end it on a high
I would run a mile if someone professed their love after 2 weeks.
Yes. This is pretty common. Do not change however. Be prepared to end the relationship as well if things are rapidly spiralling out of control. In other words when this is escalating stay calm and firm as much as possible.
You really do deserve so much better. Given the unexpected events of this year do not stay with this person. Instead now is the time to walk away with your head held up high and a sense of totally intact dignity.
She sounds like a creepy weirdo anyway. Take it as a warning sign. Use it as a learning experience for the future. Your personal boundaries are being stomped on.
Reply 5
Thought I’d add also which I forgot to mention when she texts me and I don’t reply right away she will send the same message twice. When I said she’s doing this she claimed it was a problem with her phone, but I’m not so sure...
Original post by Anonymous
Thought I’d add also which I forgot to mention when she texts me and I don’t reply right away she will send the same message twice. When I said she’s doing this she claimed it was a problem with her phone, but I’m not so sure...

if its iphone sometimes when you send an imessage it sometimes sends the message twice. i think you just need to ask yourself when you're around this person do you feel happy whatever the situation is? and if the answer is yes then i would disregard their texting ability because everything over text can be misinterpreted or give off the wrong impression. PM me i'm like a guru in this **** trust me haha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending