The Student Room Group

Ways of making money

Does anyone know any ways of making money, preferably online? I tried to sell this old 3ds I had to this shop called Cex but they didn't want it cause it was faulty.

I'm only 17, I know I'm not gonna make millions so does anyone know any reliable and realistic ways? I don't wanna bug my parents and I just need enough to get by :biggrin:.
Original post by Nobody7
Does anyone know any ways of making money, preferably online? I tried to sell this old 3ds I had to this shop called Cex but they didn't want it cause it was faulty.

I'm only 17, I know I'm not gonna make millions so does anyone know any reliable and realistic ways? I don't wanna bug my parents and I just need enough to get by :biggrin:.

You could get a part-time job, some are working from home.
Reply 2
Original post by Nobody7
Does anyone know any ways of making money, preferably online?

There is no end of ways to make money online or offline, if you are willing to put in the time and effort to learn how.

One good way would be to offer an online service in something you are skilled at through freelancing sites like Fiver or Upwork. Graphic design, website building, video editing, music production, coding, writing etc. If you possess none of these skills then invest in yourself and learn, learn, learn. There is no excuse not to in the age of the internet, you don't need a university degree for any of these things, can learn how to do all of it online from the comfort of your home. Do bear in mind it will take quite some time to build a up a reputable portfolio before you start getting regular commissions and anything remotely close to liveable income. So I strongly recommend finding regular part or full time employment too, so you at least have a more stable source of income whilst you build up your side projects. Plenty of employers will let you work from home now.

I tried to sell this old 3ds I had to this shop called Cex but they didn't want it cause it was faulty.

Try listing it on Ebay. There are plenty of people who buy faulty games consoles and repair them. Better yet, get another skill under your belt and learn how to repair it yourself and then sell it, you could even make a side business out of it. Again, there is no excuse not to learn as there are hundreds of tutorials on Youtube that will teach you how to repair these things. Invest in yourself, I can't stress it enough, it is the most important thing you can possibly do for yourself in life. If you aren't willing to do that, then get used to being a 9 - 5 wage slave for the rest of your life.
If you have a skill like you can draw/paint etc, try and sell artwork. If you can play an instrument can always teach it online nowadays - esp at the moment. There are many ways to make money online - just need to find something that is right for you
Sell your skills like writing etc at a low price online.
You can get a decent amount of money by doing online surveys!
Which is the Best online survey in most of the country in world
Original post by lemonadetea
You can get a decent amount of money by doing online surveys!

How much do you reckon I have 10 months rough estimate ?
Original post by rehena12
How much do you reckon I have 10 months rough estimate ?

It varies a lot depending on how much time you’re willing to put into it - however if you’re dedicated you can get 1000s
It varies a lot depending on how much time you’re willing to put into it - however if you’re dedicated you can get 1000s

what survey websites do you suggest

how many hours do you suggest a day? and what are best survey websites
You can try to search on sites with vacancies, maybe there are vacancies for part-time work. But most likely they will not be well paid, even if you have no experience. You can also try to search on sites for freelancers. If you understand digital, and can do some related tasks, you may be able to make money there. Or if you are looking for a faster way, you can try to make money here https://mr.bet/ . I often use this option if I need money here and now. There may be other ways, but I don't know them.
There's always OF...
Reply 13
Original post by Nobody7

Identify a need to fill or rather partner with someone to achieve the end goal. That someone could be me! 🤳
Get a part time job
i nvm
Original post by Nobody7

lol dont ever use CEX, use ebay. You'll get wayyyy more money. Learn a skill of some sort. Learn how to make a PC for example, or learn 3D software. Go on fiverr for example and sell your skills. Get a 3D printer, make stuff, sell it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending