The Student Room Group

Should I change my options to be more aspirational?

I have already applied to lancaster, exeter, sheffield, sussex and newcaslte with predicted grades of A*BC.

I wanted to apply to Manchester but they have entry requirements of AAB and the admissions told me not to apply without meeting requirements lol.

But I applied less than 14 days ago and already have received to offer from Lancaster (AAB) and Newcastle (BBC) which I'm happy with. Should I just switch my application to Sussex with Manchester since I'm unlikely to go to Sussex compared to my other 2 offers. It's unlikely Manchester would accept me but should I just try anyway? I don' think I have much to lose here.
(edited 3 years ago)
If Manchester have already told you that you wont get an offer, why would you apply....?
Seems totally pointless to me.
I'm surprised at the low offer from Newcastle. I have a lot of student friends there, and they all needed As and Bs to get an offer.
Reply 3
Like the person above said, they’ve already said there is no point in applying so I would stick to that advice. You have some amazing choices there so I wouldn’t worry too much.
Original post by McGinger
If Manchester have already told you that you wont get an offer, why would you apply....?
Seems totally pointless to me.

idk..i guess im just hoping they'll change their mind? xD. Also I got accepted to Lancaster which has the same entry requirements
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Nautilus
I'm surprised at the low offer from Newcastle. I have a lot of student friends there, and they all needed As and Bs to get an offer.

The entry requirements are AAB-BBB, however I'm eligible for a contextual offer because of my postcode
If Sussex is literally just filling a space and you have no intention of going there, then I’d be tempted to swap it for Manchester. Like you say, there’s not really much to lose at all.

There’s nothing wrong with one aspirational choice, provided that you have some safe options.
It may be pointless, but if you are 100% sure that you won’t choose one of your current options, then I suppose there’s no harm in doing it.
Original post by trophic_star
idk..i guess im just hoping they'll change their mind? xD. Also I got accepted to Lancaster which has the same entry requirements

Yes but in reality Lancaster is more flexible with grades than Manchester in many subjects.
It would probably be a waste of a choice but so is Sussex if you definitely wouldn’t pick it even for an Insurance choice so it’s up to you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending