The Student Room Group

A Level Combination Advice?

I think I would like to do Art, Maths and Geography for my A Levels next year and I have the option to do a fourth A Level or an EPQ but I’m not sure what to pick. If you have any advice on another subject that would go well with the ones I have chosen I would really appreciate it. Thanks! :smile:
what careers are you looking at?
Original post by emmaa__
I think I would like to do Art, Maths and Geography for my A Levels next year and I have the option to do a fourth A Level or an EPQ but I’m not sure what to pick. If you have any advice on another subject that would go well with the ones I have chosen I would really appreciate it. Thanks! :smile:

Always opt for an EPQ instead of a 4th A level! :hat2:
Reply 3
Original post by Leahtaylor125
what careers are you looking at?

I’m not sure at the moment but I know I would like to go into something design based, maybe Architecture?
Original post by emmaa__
I’m not sure at the moment but I know I would like to go into something design based, maybe Architecture?

I'd recommend an EPQ. if your 100% set on Architecture then maybe maths or product design 😊
Original post by emmaa__

I highly recommend taking Art for Architecture as opposed to DT/product design as its not a good substitute. If you are set for Architecture I suggest you take Maths, Art and a Humanities [Economics, Politics, Geography, History, History of Art etc]. If you want to take 4 then Physics would also give you a strong foundation but not necessary for most university courses.

This is just my opinion based on my experience making an application, their requirements and the suggested a-levels. However, it is more important is you take subjects that you think you'll genuinely enjoy.
Hi I need urgent help ASAP.My subs are economics and law and I have to choose between history or business.I’ll either be studying in the UK or US.Plus I’ll be doing anything in the future except engineering or medicine etc as u can see from my subs...so please help me out and like also a subject amongst those which universities prefer aswell.Some say that business study Alevel isn’t even accepted as an Alevel in UK lol like wTH.Like I know that grades trump subject combinations in Alevels.
Reply 7
Original post by Leahtaylor125
I'd recommend an EPQ. if your 100% set on Architecture then maybe maths or product design 😊

thankyou! :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by matmic08092
I highly recommend taking Art for Architecture as opposed to DT/product design as its not a good substitute. If you are set for Architecture I suggest you take Maths, Art and a Humanities [Economics, Politics, Geography, History, History of Art etc]. If you want to take 4 then Physics would also give you a strong foundation but not necessary for most university courses.

This is just my opinion based on my experience making an application, their requirements and the suggested a-levels. However, it is more important is you take subjects that you think you'll genuinely enjoy.

thankyou! :smile:
Reply 9
Physics would be a shout with art and maths! [+ there's a lot of synthesis between mechanics in maths and physics anyway]
Guys please someone help me out...I’ve posted my query above and no one even replied to it
Reply 11
Original post by Ahad67767
Hi I need urgent help ASAP.My subs are economics and law and I have to choose between history or business.I’ll either be studying in the UK or US.Plus I’ll be doing anything in the future except engineering or medicine etc as u can see from my subs...so please help me out and like also a subject amongst those which universities prefer aswell.Some say that business study Alevel isn’t even accepted as an Alevel in UK lol like wTH.Like I know that grades trump subject combinations in Alevels.

Maths and History A-levels would leave the most doors open. You don't need law A-level to do law or economics A-level to do economics.

Quick Reply

Latest