The Student Room Group

Rejected

There was this woman that I liked, she was a bit older than me which I like, she was just nice and she broke up with her partner. I decided to start talking to her for a few weeks just to say hi and just have general conversations with her but my feelings for her really hit me. I used to be so nervous to talk to her, I got heart palpitations when I saw her because she lives on our road across from is and if I wasn't nervous I just said hi or she said it to me if we see each other. I was starting to think its starting to show that I liked her because I seemed really nervous and everything when she was there. So I asked for her number but she said because of my age she doesn't want to and said im a nice guy.

We are both adults though so its legal, shes 30s and im 19 which I know its a big age gap but I know people who have big age gaps. Im struggling to believe that she thinks im a nice guy because if I was that much of a nice guy she would have said yeah and gave it a go. She's split up with her partner. Tbf she was supportive, she said not to get upset and a nice woman will come along for me but I feel like she's tge nice woman who's come along for me because shes beautiful, she has the same interests as me, shes older than me etc.

Im sorry this post is a bit cringe but I just wanted to vent really.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Don't dwell on any feelings of rejection which you might have. Look forward to when times are better and you can meet women closer to your own age.

Although it's clear that you like this woman, there could never have been a relationship as the word is generally understood between you.

You mention that she said that you were a nice guy and ask why, in that case, she wasn't interested in pursuing anything with you. There are various reasons, but a very valid one would be because you are 19.

Onwards and upwards! Dust yourself off and look forward to meeting the person who is exactly right for you. There will be someone, I promise you.
Reply 2
Original post by Kerzen
Don't dwell on any feelings of rejection which you might have. Look forward to when times are better and you can meet women closer to your own age.

Although it's clear that you like this woman, there could never have been a relationship as the word is generally understood between you.

You mention that she said that you were a nice guy and ask why, in that case, she wasn't interested in pursuing anything with you. There are various reasons, but a very valid one would be because you are 19.

Onwards and upwards! Dust yourself off and look forward to meeting the person who is exactly right for you. There will be someone, I promise you.

Its just like im 19, im not 15 or anything
Reply 3
Bump
The age gap is probably the issue for her. Women don't usually date guys younger than them.
Reply 5
Original post by We not from 63rd
The age gap is probably the issue for her. Women don't usually date guys younger than them.

Ok
Original post by Anonymous
Ok

yeah that's true for the a lot of women. If you were 28/29, then it would be a different story. You're still a teen.
wtf im 18 and i haven't taIked in much sense other than the odd smaII taIk to any of my neighbours
Reply 8
Original post by yeye21
yeah that's true for the a lot of women. If you were 28/29, then it would be a different story. You're still a teen.

What about when I am 20?
Reply 9
wtf im 18 and i haven't taIked in much sense other than the odd smaII taIk to any of my neighbours

Didn't ask
What about when I am 20?

don't think it will make much difference. If she is in her 30s she's in a different stage of life.

It is unlikely but not impossible.
What about when I am 20?

She'll be a year older too?! 😊
Original post by yeye21
don't think it will make much difference. If she is in her 30s she's in a different stage of life.

It is unlikely but not impossible.

But its still an adult and not really young
She'll be a year older too?! 😊

Here birthday is February 29th
But its still an adult and not really young

I mean it is a fact though that in heterosexual relationships, on average, the woman is younger than the man
Didn't ask

um did i repIy to you? I'm was just saying. but i guess if you wanted to know my opinion on your situation, cuz thats what you care about, then i think you are pretty naive and foolish to think you're age wouId not be a factor in your situation. i can aIready teII you are naive anyways.
um did i repIy to you? I'm was just saying. but i guess if you wanted to know my opinion on your situation, cuz thats what you care about, then i think you are pretty naive and foolish to think you're age wouId not be a factor in your situation. i can aIready teII you are naive anyways.

Ok
Original post by yeye21
I mean it is a fact though that in heterosexual relationships, on average, the woman is younger than the man

Older women look more attractive
Older women look more attractive

well then I guess you will have to keep searching until you find the one.
Original post by yeye21
well then I guess you will have to keep searching until you find the one.

OK thanks anyway mate

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending