The Student Room Group

Is it too late to change my GCSE options?

I took Japanese as a GCSE in year 8, when I was taking Latin and Japanese. Now that it's January and I'm behind on the really hard work that we have to do, I'm reconsidering this choice and wondering if I can and should change to Latin. For the GCSE, Latin only has a reading and a writing exam, whereas Japanese also has the listening and the speaking (both of which I am bad at). Latin is generally easier, but I'm worried than I might regret this choice too. Should I carry on for two more years with this really hard and stressful subject, or should I do lots of catch up work and switch over?
(edited 3 years ago)
what year are you in? it depends how far you are into the course. i switched from art to geography in december but idk bc ur trying to switch languages and so it may be more difficult to switch?
depends what year you're in, if you've still got 2 years to go i reckon you could change your options but there'll still be a fair amount to catchup on in latin, if you're ready for that.
Original post by TazmeenX
what year are you in? it depends how far you are into the course. i switched from art to geography in december but idk bc ur trying to switch languages and so it may be more difficult to switch?

Year 9
Original post by absolutelysprout
depends what year you're in, if you've still got 2 years to go i reckon you could change your options but there'll still be a fair amount to catchup on in latin, if you're ready for that.

year 9
Original post by kitkatkarkat
year 9

did you enjoy latin more when you were taking both subjects?
Reply 6
There may still be time. When I was in year 9 lots of people got the chance to change their GCSE a few months after officially choosing them. Just email your head of year or the person who is dealing with GCSE options.

Quick Reply

Latest