The Student Room Group

My teacher ignores me!

What do I do since all she does is ignore me? I will be raising my hand and no one else is and she will say ¨ No one wants to answer? ok, I will explain!¨ I will get furious. I have depression and anxiety and I don't need another thing on my mind!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
If you're always raising your hand and you get good grades, she is likely trying to give other students a turn who would benefit more from sharing the answer.
Original post by LovelyMrFox
If you're always raising your hand and you get good grades, she is likely trying to give other students a turn who would benefit more from sharing the answer.

yeah :woo:
Original post by Anonymous
What do I do since all she does is ignore me? I will be raising my hand and no one else is and she will say ¨ No one wants to answer? ok, I will explain!¨ I will get furious. I have depression and anxiety and I don't need another thing on my mind!

maybe ask your teacher why she/he does that? Hard ik but if its affecting you this much, then it would do you good to ask.
i used to do staring contests with my teacher
Original post by qwertuyuyuy
i used to do staring contests with my teacher

omg i should have done that with my french teacher.... nah i was too scared :s-smilie:
Original post by kittyfifi123456
omg i should have done that with my french teacher.... nah i was too scared :s-smilie:

your teacher would've slapped you with a baguette
your teacher would've slapped you with a baguette

no with a croissant :biggrin:
If she knows that you're going to give the right answer/etc then there's no point in getting you to answer.

Throughout HS/Sixth, even when asked and even when an answer is satisfactory, the teacher would always repeat (usually in a cleaner form/written/etc) whatever was given as an answer by a student. If I were a teacher (plan to be) I would also do this, for example:

"Why does light bend inward when it refracts through yadadadada"
Student A: "Because the index in yadadaa > before yadadada"
"Correct!" ***proceeds to furiously draw out snells law and all the stuff involved

If Student A constantly gives the right answer/volunteers, then I would move on to student B,C,D, etc. If I noticed that A happened to not care, or wasn't ever trying to answer, then I would attempt to motivate them to answer.

In your case, you're saying that you're the only one who attempts to answer. If the teacher knows your answers are fine, then why waste time getting you to answer the question to test your knowledge?

The thirty seconds spent getting an answer from someone who clearly knows whatever they're answering is pointless since ultimately the teacher is still going to have to provide an explanation for yadadada happening.
Reply 9

She has not been answering any of my questions to tho!
Reply 10
She has not been answering any of my questions to tho!

Ask her your questions after class if you still need them answered.
she

Ask her your questions after class if you still need them answered.

wont go anywhere near me
Original post by Callicious
If she knows that you're going to give the right answer/etc then there's no point in getting you to answer.

Throughout HS/Sixth, even when asked and even when an answer is satisfactory, the teacher would always repeat (usually in a cleaner form/written/etc) whatever was given as an answer by a student. If I were a teacher (plan to be) I would also do this, for example:

"Why does light bend inward when it refracts through yadadadada"
Student A: "Because the index in yadadaa > before yadadada"
"Correct!" ***proceeds to furiously draw out snells law and all the stuff involved

If Student A constantly gives the right answer/volunteers, then I would move on to student B,C,D, etc. If I noticed that A happened to not care, or wasn't ever trying to answer, then I would attempt to motivate them to answer.

In your case, you're saying that you're the only one who attempts to answer. If the teacher knows your answers are fine, then why waste time getting you to answer the question to test your knowledge?

The thirty seconds spent getting an answer from someone who clearly knows whatever they're answering is pointless since ultimately the teacher is still going to have to provide an explanation for yadadada happening.

Yes but she will not answer me at all like not once.
Reply 13
she

wont go anywhere near me

Why wont she?
Its a bit hard to believe that if you walked up to her desk and asked her a question that she would just stare the other way.
Yes but she will not answer me at all like not once.

lol what on earth. did you do something bad in class
Why wont she?
Its a bit hard to believe that if you walked up to her desk and asked her a question that she would just stare the other way.

she hates me idk why i have been very good I feel so bad bc of her should I move classes?
i

lol what on earth. did you do something bad in class

have not ive been on my best behavior and I'm 11 shes a 5th grade teacher
Are you in America?

And are you learning online or in person?
Original post by Ducky_MoMo
Are you in America?

And are you learning online or in person?

hybrid America
This makes the most sense and is probably why tbh. But still, she could be a bit more polite about it and say "_____ you always answer and I appreciate you trying to contribute but we'll give some one else a go". Also, if nobody is answering why isnt she giving OP a chance before she explains it anyway?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending