The Student Room Group

EPQ help- (abstract, conc, eval)

So i'm doing an EPQ dissertation but am stuck on what to actually include in the abstract, all I really know is that it is like a summary?

Also, does anyone know what is the difference between the discussion, conclusion and evaluation. In the discussion I know we have to talk about results and the answer to our question but what about the other two? Would appreciate any help on this, thanks.
Original post by Amnar_1
So i'm doing an EPQ dissertation but am stuck on what to actually include in the abstract, all I really know is that it is like a summary?

Also, does anyone know what is the difference between the discussion, conclusion and evaluation. In the discussion I know we have to talk about results and the answer to our question but what about the other two? Would appreciate any help on this, thanks.

I can't help you on all your questions, but a conclusion is a summary of what you've written (outlining your different arguments and linking them back to the main project question with a clear answer to that question). Whereas an evaluation is assessing how good your project was; you can be as critical as you like here and you can be credited for highlighting problems with your project! This will probably relate to your methods of data collection, the types of sources you used or the way you presented your project. I'm not sure what a 'discussion' is, I don't recall ever writing that part when I did mine!
Reply 2
Original post by Amnar_1

Hi! I completely get your confusion over what an abstract is. For my abstract, I made it a quick summary of what my main points were (I mentioned two). I remember reading that the abstract is where you usually put your primary research in so if you have done a survey, you might be able to put your finish’s there.

This might help: https://www.enago.com/academy/abstract-versus-introduction-difference/

I am not sure if this is helpful! :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Pravi29
Hi! I completely get your confusion over what an abstract is. For my abstract, I made it a quick summary of what my main points were (I mentioned two). I remember reading that the abstract is where you usually put your primary research in so if you have done a survey, you might be able to put your finish’s there.

This might help: https://www.enago.com/academy/abstract-versus-introduction-difference/

I am not sure if this is helpful! :smile:

This is great, thank you!!
Reply 4
Original post by JOSH4598
I can't help you on all your questions, but a conclusion is a summary of what you've written (outlining your different arguments and linking them back to the main project question with a clear answer to that question). Whereas an evaluation is assessing how good your project was; you can be as critical as you like here and you can be credited for highlighting problems with your project! This will probably relate to your methods of data collection, the types of sources you used or the way you presented your project. I'm not sure what a 'discussion' is, I don't recall ever writing that part when I did mine!

Thank you for the help!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending