The Student Room Group

Mphil in History

Hi everyone! I applied to the Mphil in Medieval History at Cambridge in January and the portal still says my application is under review by the department. I know I shouldn't stress because the site says the department takes 6-8 weeks to consider applications, but I can't help but stress a bit! Anyone else apply for an Mphil in Medieval History or any other history program? Thanks! :smile:
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by medievalhistgirl
Hi everyone! I applied to the Mphil in Medieval History in January the portal still says my application is under review by the department. I know I shouldn't stress because the site says the department takes 6-8 weeks to consider applications, but I can't help but stress a bit! Anyone else apply for an Mphil in Medieval History or any other history program? Thanks! :smile:

Is it Cambridge by any chance?
Original post by Scotney
Is it Cambridge by any chance?

Yes at Cambridge! Sorry should have been more specific
Reply 3
C

Yes at Cambridge! Sorry should have been more specific

Completely normal for Cambridge but post in the Cambridge Official Postgraduate 2021 thread and you will be more likely to find people in same position.Complete torture though I know!
Original post by Scotney
C

Completely normal for Cambridge but post in the Cambridge Official Postgraduate 2021 thread and you will be more likely to find people in same position.Complete torture though I know!

haha I thought I had! Thank you for the help!
Reply 5
Hi everyone! I applied to the Mphil in Medieval History at Cambridge in January and the portal still says my application is under review by the department. I know I shouldn't stress because the site says the department takes 6-8 weeks to consider applications, but I can't help but stress a bit! Anyone else apply for an Mphil in Medieval History or any other history program? Thanks! :smile:

I applied for Mphil in early modern history and got an offer three weeks later (and a college allocation a week after the offer). I applied early though. Apparently they get lots of applications after December so it might take longer.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by almannac
I applied for Mphil in early modern history and got an offer three weeks later (and a college allocation a week after the offer). I applied early though. Apparently they get lots of applications after December so it might take longer.

I just applied to the same program. A bit nervous since my GPA is 3.74, an equivalent of a First Class. What was yours? The program requires a high second. Not sure if they are super strict.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending