The Student Room Group

Getting a job with one of the Big 4: my graduate career with PwC- AMA

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rsj17
Hi, any idea if giving a GMAT score along with application is compulsory this year?

Nope I don't think it was in my year.
Original post by Qxi.xli
Hi Lisa!
Which A-levels did you do? Also, were there any examinations to get into Warwick? if so, how did you prepare? Also, how did you prepare for the interviews?

Tysm :smile: x

Hey so I didn't do A-level, I finished my high school and undergrad in China.
For postgrad I don't think there's any exam. I did take some English exam to prove that I meet the language requirement.
There was no interview, everything was on paper.
Original post by TSR Talks: WBS
Hey so I didn't do A-level, I finished my high school and undergrad in China.
For postgrad I don't think there's any exam. I did take some English exam to prove that I meet the language requirement.
There was no interview, everything was on paper.

Oh ok nice :smile: thanks for your reply
Hey so large companies normally have a career page on their official website to show what positions are available. Before you enrol there will be a session in around Jul time with WBS career service team to go through options you may want to consider and how to apply for them. I also did my own research from websites like efiancialcareers. For internships Warwick career page was helpful cause there are a lot of postings. I also recommend going through your social network to see if you get one from family friends or graduates in previous years. Referral is highly effective especially in short term internship.

For academic grades, most companies ask for a 2:1, but you could argue with a 2:2, or even a pass if you already got the offer.
Hope this helps.

Thank you very much Lisa, this was really helpful

Also is it better to live in campus or off campus? Is it affordable living inside campus or outside and what are the standard weekly rentals for an apartment close to WBS.

could you suggest some more websites like efiancialcareers, for internships during the course.
Original post by rsj17
Thanks for the response. I meant MsC Accounting and finance.

No problem - the same information applies to MSc Accounting & Finance :smile:
Do they care about your alevels ?
I did really well at GCSE, but I got CDD at alevel. But now I’m at Exeter uni and I’m doing well so I’m hoping for a 2:1 or a first, but I’m really worried my alevels will set me back when applying for jobs 😞
Having come from a non-native English speaker background, could you please share your experience of taking online assessments especially the self recorded online interviews? I have found that quite challenging personally and always find that hurdle hard to cross. Is there any tips you could share for acing interviews in general? Like feeling confident etc. Thank you for the helpful advice so far.
Original post by MiracleLeaf
Do they care about your alevels ?
I did really well at GCSE, but I got CDD at alevel. But now I’m at Exeter uni and I’m doing well so I’m hoping for a 2:1 or a first, but I’m really worried my alevels will set me back when applying for jobs 😞

I need to check with colleagues about this cause I fill in overseas equivalent for all a-level questions. I don't think they confirmed my grades in high school but they did contact my undergrad uni to check my grades. Let me get back to you on this
Original post by Kasumi W
Having come from a non-native English speaker background, could you please share your experience of taking online assessments especially the self recorded online interviews? I have found that quite challenging personally and always find that hurdle hard to cross. Is there any tips you could share for acing interviews in general? Like feeling confident etc. Thank you for the helpful advice so far.

I had telephone interview not the video one, but I guess the idea is similar. Do a lot of mocks with friends, record what you say and see how you can improve. WBS career team also provide mock interview slots and they can give very helpful feedback. Before all my interview I would do one with the WBS career team and several with friends.
Original post by Tyron Troy
Thank you very much Lisa, this was really helpful

Also is it better to live in campus or off campus? Is it affordable living inside campus or outside and what are the standard weekly rentals for an apartment close to WBS.

could you suggest some more websites like efiancialcareers, for internships during the course.

To be honest what I did was just figure out what kind of job I wanted, get a ranking list of companies and go visit the career page on their websites. Just go from top down. If you can't tell whether you match their requirements just email them or call them. That's the quickest.
Hi Lisa,

Thank you for doing Q and As for us. I am quite lucky to receive an order from one of the big four. I achieved an 2:1 for undergraduate degree and a pass for my postgraduate degree. However, I resitted for one module during my postgraduate studies. I’m wondering if resitting a module for my postgraduate studies will cause me trouble during the pre screening stages before joining the company. Thank you.
I need to check with colleagues about this cause I fill in overseas equivalent for all a-level questions. I don't think they confirmed my grades in high school but they did contact my undergrad uni to check my grades. Let me get back to you on this

great thank you!
Thank you Lisa! :smile:
Original post by melodenver15
Hi Lisa,

Thank you for doing Q and As for us. I am quite lucky to receive an order from one of the big four. I achieved an 2:1 for undergraduate degree and a pass for my postgraduate degree. However, I resitted for one module during my postgraduate studies. I’m wondering if resitting a module for my postgraduate studies will cause me trouble during the pre screening stages before joining the company. Thank you.

Nope I don't think resitting will have an influence here.
Nope I don't think resitting will have an influence here.

Thank you Lisa.
Hi!

In PWC, what are computer science related jobs like?

:biggrin:
Hi, I am studing in Bangor University in Business Management with Ac*****ng. I have a placement year in this year so I need a job for my placement. Is it possible to get job in PwC with a result of 2:2?
Original post by tanzinchy50
Hi, I am studing in Bangor University in Business Management with Ac*****ng. I have a placement year in this year so I need a job for my placement. Is it possible to get job in PwC with a result of 2:2?

PwC graduate roles reference requiring a 2.1 minimum, realistically anything less than this is unlikely to cut the mustard. The big-4 already have a vast surplus of applicants.
Reply 58
Hi,
I've received an offer for an audit graduate role for this autumn, Im worried that ill only achieve a 2:2. Will my offer be taken away?
I joined in Spring. So some companies have Spring openings. I had friends who joined in Sep so it was not an issue when I graduated. I think Sep intake was actually late Sep, and our degree was done in early Sep.
I changed country so I think that 1 year with Warwick was essential for me to get used to the life here before starting to work here. I don't mind particularly that others are younger than me cause for me this is like overseas school and work experience.

Thanks for the reply. When did you apply for your position?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending