The Student Room Group

Nottingham A100 / A108 2021 Offer Holders

Welcome to the University of Nottingham A100 / A108 2020 Offer Holders.

For general information click: https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/medicine/study/medicine/

Nottingham A101 2021 Offer Holders: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6988911

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for or post group chat links.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!

Post originally created by ecolier.
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Well done everyone!
Congrats guys :smile:
Has anyone thought about accommodation? I didn’t think I was going to get an offer so I didn’t even look into the options
Original post by MedMolly798
Has anyone thought about accommodation? I didn’t think I was going to get an offer so I didn’t even look into the options

same haha but no i haven't looked yet... apparently accommodation applications open march 1st?
Reply 5
If anyone wants to know anything about BGP (Broadgate Park) where I am 1st Yr Med Student please feel free to ask. Accommodation here is self catered in either shared kitchen or studios with kitchen facilities and ensuite. Highly recommend going on You Tube and searching Nottingham Uni Accommodation. There is a video for each halls on campus (catered accommodation) and those self catered (off campus). Hopefully this will give you an idea what to expect. Google map also helps locate where each of the halls are. You will be required to choose 3 and rank them in order of preference. (Choices could include location/room size/ensuite/shared bathroom and term eg.number of weeks). If considering Nottingham it's worth looking into rooms and applying once firmed for greater chance of being allocated your top choice. You can only apply for accommodation IF firmed. Congratulations on receiving an offer everyone and good luck!
Original post by DR2002
If anyone wants to know anything about BGP (Broadgate Park) where I am 1st Yr Med Student please feel free to ask. Accommodation here is self catered in either shared kitchen or studios with kitchen facilities and ensuite. Highly recommend going on You Tube and searching Nottingham Uni Accommodation. There is a video for each halls on campus (catered accommodation) and those self catered (off campus). Hopefully this will give you an idea what to expect. Google map also helps locate where each of the halls are. You will be required to choose 3 and rank them in order of preference. (Choices could include location/room size/ensuite/shared bathroom and term eg.number of weeks). If considering Nottingham it's worth looking into rooms and applying once firmed for greater chance of being allocated your top choice. You can only apply for accommodation IF firmed. Congratulations on receiving an offer everyone and good luck!

Ooh I’m interested in Broadgate Park because it’s so close to the university and there is a range of room sizes I believe.
What is it like there? How are the rooms?
I’m looking to self cater :smile:
Also I won’t have all of my choices back by the time the accommodation portal opens, Is that anything to worry about?
Reply 8
Ooh I’m interested in Broadgate Park because it’s so close to the university and there is a range of room sizes I believe.

Hi. Yes it really is close to the Uni literally across the road in the Westgate entrance. Then it'd about a 20 min walk to the med school. Alternatively thr tram is opposite and takes you to the QMC in around 5 mins.
The rooms a a good size I have an ensuite studio. There are 12 studios in my flat and it's been really easy making friends despite lockdown. Each studio has a bed with huge storage under, table and two chairs, wrap around desk area with shelving, large double wardrobe, draws and then kitchen area. This has a double hob, combined microwave which is also an oven as well and fridge with freezer compartment. Your ensuite is a wet room. Internet speed is excellent. We haven't been able to use the facilities on site like the Lounge/Library area due to Covid but hopefully that will lift in due course. The CoOp is across the road or a short walk into Beeston is Tesco, take aways, restaurant or hop on the tram into Nottingham. Tram also takes you straight to the train station in 15 mins. Hope this helps happy to answer anything else.Screenshot_20210220-173305_Gallery.jpg Excuse sister in picture this was moving in day. Gives idea of room.Screenshot_20210220-173322_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20210220-175025_Gallery.jpg
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 9
Also I won’t have all of my choices back by the time the accommodation portal opens, Is that anything to worry about?

I was in the same situation as you and was waiting for a reply. However for me I'd had offers from my two favourites so didn't feel the need to wait for anymore offers as it would not have changed my mind. The offer grades for the other Uni would have been the same as Nottingham AAA so it wouldn't have helped me. In fact Birmingham had offered me AAB if I firmed them. I knew I wanted to get my accommodation in so I ended up withdrawing from the others and Firmed Notts and Insured Birmingham. You won't be able to do your accommodation until you've firmed. You need to do what is ultimately right for you and if that is waiting for the other offers as it may help make the right decision then do that. Accommodation does fill up but so long as you are not waiting months I'm sure you will be fine.
Original post by DR2002
Hi. Yes it really is close to the Uni literally across the road in the Westgate entrance. Then it'd about a 20 min walk to the med school. Alternatively thr tram is opposite and takes you to the QMC in around 5 mins.
The rooms a a good size I have an ensuite studio. There are 12 studios in my flat and it's been really easy making friends despite lockdown. Each studio has a bed with huge storage under, table and two chairs, wrap around desk area with shelving, large double wardrobe, draws and then kitchen area. This has a double hob, combined microwave which is also an oven as well and fridge with freezer compartment. Your ensuite is a wet room. Internet speed is excellent. We haven't been able to use the facilities on site like the Lounge/Library area due to Covid but hopefully that will lift in due course. The CoOp is across the road or a short walk into Beeston is Tesco, take aways, restaurant or hop on the tram into Nottingham. Tram also takes you straight to the train station in 15 mins. Hope this helps happy to answer anything else.Screenshot_20210220-173305_Gallery.jpg Excuse sister in picture this was moving in day. Gives idea of room.Screenshot_20210220-173322_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20210220-175025_Gallery.jpg

Thanks for the photos :smile:
Reply 11
does anyone know how safe it is for bikes around the campus generally, but specifically at broadgate park?
Reply 12
Original post by ireuber
does anyone know how safe it is for bikes around the campus generally, but specifically at broadgate park?

BGP has a secure bike store. Cant speak for around main campus.

Do you know anything about what the newer Dagfa House accomm is like? how does it compare with BG?
Reply 14
hello! I got an offer today for a100 and am planning to firm w a contextual offer of aab. i’m thinking that i'll go catered because of the better proximity to the med school :smile:
Reply 15
do we have to organise our own dbs checks or can we use existing ones
Original post by alaaana
hello! I got an offer today for a100 and am planning to firm w a contextual offer of aab. i’m thinking that i'll go catered because of the better proximity to the med school :smile:

Just got an offer today too :smile: yeah same I’m thinking of going catered. Haven’t researched specifically what hall yet
Hi i got an offer today, going to firm with aab, has anyone stayed in Raleigh park?
Grim mate..
Reply 19
Original post by Asdfghjkl1000
Just got an offer today too :smile: yeah same I’m thinking of going catered. Haven’t researched specifically what hall yet

congrats! i’m thinking either cripps or hugh stewart but i think you can only apply in ‘zones’ so it’s a bit of a gamble

Latest

Trending

Trending