The Student Room Group

Where to live in London

I'm going to a London Uni and my family has an apartment there which is never used so would be unoccupied . It's quite a nice apartment not too far from the uni. However I am scared of missing out of the Halls experience. I think I will likely use it second and third year so there isn't too much difficult finding accommodation which is suitable. I'm just not sure which I should do because i'm going to need to make my mind up soon. Please help :smile:
rich guy man, where the apartment, greater london?
Reply 2
Original post by jack456789
rich guy man, where the apartment, greater london?

It's in Westminster
Reply 3
An unoccupied apartment in London?! That's a goldmine right there! There will be pros and cons with both, however I would go with the apartment. You'll save so much on rent and you can still be social by going out with people. You could have parties at your own place and depending on the size you could even get a student flatmate.

Also keep in mind how COVID will affect halls over the next year. Hopefully things will improve, but precautions will probably still be in place. It may not be as fun a place as it typically has been in the past.
this person has an appartment in westminister , paid for , oh my days
Reply 5
this person has an appartment in westminister , paid for , oh my days

😂
😂
Dude stay at the apartment I promise it’s all worth it
idk this is a hard one i have to say.... being completely honest halls is where you will make most of your friends. From my experience, its hard to make friends from lectures and classes because there are so many people and people tend to disperse quite quickly. With social distancing in classes, you cant even really interact with people as you are sitting far away from people.

I would suggest to stay in halls at least for first term. If you are able to leave for second term then do that but first term stay in halls. Thats where you will truly get most of your social experience from. Have your apartment as a place to bring your friends every now and then (place where you can host things and stay there for your birthday or something). If you aren't liking halls/have made your friends after first term then you can move out.

I think you will find it hard to feel integrated with the uni life and social scene if you aren't interacting with uni students everyday... just from my experience.

The people in my course who live at home honestly don't have that many uni friends and dont get the full uni experience. Whilst having your own apartment is different from living it at home, you still may have a similar experience.
If you've never had issues making friends anywhere you go, go for the apartment. You can always go to Halls, or have people over at your apartment.
If you have any doubts about your "abilities" and think you might need that extra help from the Halls element, go for Halls. If you have a paid off, unused apartment in Westminster, I don't imagine rent/money is a very big concern here.
pls dont tell me ur like 20 years old and u have this xD
pls dont tell me ur like 20 years old and u have this xD

Nah i'm 18, it's my families my Father used to work lots in London before he retired so it's rarely used if at all 😂
oh myyyy XDD. u are so rich.
Were not rich, we rather comfortable. My Father just didn't want to sell it because he knows that there will probably be use for it.
fair enough xd , cant say im not jelly considering its right in the heart of london

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending