The Student Room Group

MSc in Management

Hello everybody!
I got offers from various universities and would like to get some advice. I have no preference for the sector I would like to work in after my Master's Degree. My aim is to enhance my expertise in business, so that is why I applied for general programs.

MSc in Management, UCD Dublin
MSc Strategic and International Business Lancaster
MSc International Business Aston
MSc International Business Exeter
MSc International Management Strathclyde
MSc in Management Bradford
MSc in Management DCU Dublin

I am still waiting for an answer from:
International Management Bath
Management Henley
Management Cranfield
International Management Catolica
Management Gothenburg (do not speak Swedish) (FREE)

Thanks in advance guys!
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Tonyglezz27
Hello everybody!
I got offers from various universities and would like to get some advice. I have no preference for the sector I would like to work in after my Master's Degree. My aim is to enhance my expertise in business, so that is why I applied for general programs.

MSc in Management, UCD Dublin
MSc Strategic and International Business Lancaster
MSc International Business Aston
MSc International Business Exeter
MSc International Management Strathclyde
MSc in Management Bradford
MSc in Management DCU Dublin

I am still waiting for an answer from:
International Management Bath
Management Henley
Management Cranfield
International Management Catolica
Management Gothenburg (do not speak Swedish) (FREE)

Thanks in advance guys!

Hello,

When deciding on the university to apply to a lot of factors should be considered and put in order of personal preference and priority. Some of such factors include (but are not limited to): tuition costs, cost of living, distance from home, campus-style, distance from a city, surrounding area, diversity, Job prospects, networking opportunities, course modules, dedication to sustainability, student-staff ration, etc. Here are some useful links for comparing universities as well:

https://discoveruni.gov.uk/
https://www.theuniguide.co.uk/

I would recommend making pros and cons lists of all your choices and cancelling them out accordingly.

Accreditation is a stamp of quality and prestige for a business school and its programmes. Aston is part of an elite group of business schools thanks to our triple accreditation from AACSB, EQUIS and AMBA.

This course will equip you with detailed knowledge and a deep understanding of today’s global commercial environment. It will explore how business is conducted across borders, examine various business functions and their role in international commerce, whilst looking at strategic management and economics in an international business context.

All Aston University Business postgraduate students have the opportunity to take part in the Universities Business Challenge (UBC) Global Masters. The UBC Global Masters is a team-based business simulation event that provides participants with the opportunity to act as a board of directors, who have taken responsibility for improving the performance of a company.

A work placement taken as part of your master's programme can be hugely beneficial to your career prospects. It will enhance your CV and give you a competitive advantage when applying for graduate roles. As part of this course, you’ll have the opportunity to undertake a work placement. You can spend from one month to 12 months with a company of your choice, in the UK or overseas. You’ll apply what you’ve learnt on a daily basis and gain valuable professional experience. The Careers and Placements team at Aston University were recognised as the 'Best University Careers/Employability Service' by the National Undergraduate Employability (NUE) Awards 2020 and they will be on hand to help you secure both placement and graduate jobs.

MSc International Business at Aston will prepare you for a wide range of professional and management careers in global organisations across business functions and sectors, including consultancy, strategy, banking, finance, marketing and HR. Some of our graduates have successfully used the knowledge and skills they acquired in this program to establish their own business and take it to a global scale.

Hope this has helped.

*Ethel
Reply 2
why did you apply to Catolica and then rejected the offer?

Well, the main problem is the price Cranfield(26k) and Bath (22k).

I do not think I will be accepted in those schools such as Imperial or LSE.
Reply 3
why did you apply to Catolica and then rejected the offer?

Well, the main problem is the price Cranfield(26k) and Bath (22k).

I do not think I will be accepted in those schools such as Imperial or LSE.
Reply 4
Well, I single out those business school because of the local language. Im not apt to learn Dutch or Swedish, maybe German. I think my first options are UCD, Strathclyde, and Catolica.

I will apply to Cologne University and Technical University Munich as well. As I said, I am fully willing to learn German.

Yes, Dublin is an expensive city. But I am sure that Ireland will be one of the few countries that are going to recover more quickly than any other country. Also, I am European so I would not have any bureaucratic problem with residency.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending