The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Uea firmed! 2021

Hey everyone! I have recently firmed UEA for 2021 to study media studies and I am very excited!

You can use this as a place to find others who have firmed it as well :smile:

Would love to 'meet' you guys and find out what you applied for and what you study now!
Original post by abbiet0311
Hey everyone! I have recently firmed UEA for 2021 to study media studies and I am very excited!

Would love to 'meet' you guys and find out what you applied for and what you study now!

Hi @abbiet0311,
Congratulations on firming UEA!
If you have any questions please let us know.
Sophie
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by University of East Anglia UG Student Rep
Hi @abbiet0311,
Congratulations on firming UEA!
If you have any questions please let us know.
Sophie

Hi!! thank you so much, I am so excited!!

I have one question about getting a part time job. Are there any opportunities to apply for a part time job on campus? Or is it preferred to apply for one off of campus? : )
Hi!! thank you so much, I am so excited!!

I have one question about getting a part time job. Are there any opportunities to apply for a part time job on campus? Or is it preferred to apply for one off of campus? : )

Hi @abbiet0311!

Part time jobs at UEA are super easy to get as UEA and the SU employ a lot of students year round, there lots of jobs which I'll list below:

- events staff: student nights, box office, bar staff, kitchen staff etc
- unio: our amazing coffee shop on campus run by students
- SU shop: also completely run by students!
- student ambassadors and media ambassadors: this is what me and sophie do, but can include anything from doing applicant days to currently working at the COVID testing unit on campus!

On top of those, there's lots of jobs and internships that are perfect for students that get advertised on MyCareerCentral, which is the career service at UEA, it's kinda like indeed!

If there's any other questions you have, let us know and me or sophie will help you out!

Becca
Reply 4
Hi @abbiet0311!

Part time jobs at UEA are super easy to get as UEA and the SU employ a lot of students year round, there lots of jobs which I'll list below:

- student ambassadors and media ambassadors: this is what me and sophie do, but can include anything from doing applicant days to currently working at the COVID testing unit on campus!

On top of those, there's lots of jobs and internships that are perfect for students that get advertised on MyCareerCentral, which is the career service at UEA, it's kinda like indeed!

If there's any other questions you have, let us know and me or sophie will help you out!

Becca

thank you so much! are they something you apply for when you're there or in the summer before we go? : )
thank you so much! are they something you apply for when you're there or in the summer before we go? : )

Hi @abbiet0311,
When I applied for jobs with uni, it was a few weeks into the first semester. As Becca said, there are a variety of jobs, and they all have slightly different application times and processes. Once you start uni, keep an eye out on career central and your emails, I know that when I was in first year, student ambassadors advertised at the freshers fair as well.
If you wanted a part-time job outside of uni, it might be worth looking over the summer, as they will hire at different times to the university.
Let us know of you have any other questions
Sophie
Reply 6

heyy i applied for a different course to you (biomedicine BSc) but i've also firmed my choice and want to meet other people coming to uea regardless of what we're all studying ^w^ I currently do biology, chemistry, psychology and and EPQ at a level! im really excited to come here, I just need to make the grades since my entry requirements are BBB with A in the epq or ABB and im currently predicted BCAA (bio/chem/psych/epq)
Hi @abbiet0311!

Becca

For people joining in September, this aint true in the slightest. Campus jobs go like hot cakes and are usually kept throughout uni so they only take a few, usually in January.
Original post by SomeWelshGuy123
For people joining in September, this aint true in the slightest. Campus jobs go like hot cakes and are usually kept throughout uni so they only take a few, usually in January.

Thanks for your comment, and I'm sure there's some truth to it. However, the recruitment team that the majority of students work with, student ambassador and media ambassador, offer contracts every year quite early on and for first years from the end of their academic year.

I'm happy to answer any questions on the jobs on campus a bit more,

Becca

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending