The Student Room Group

St George's A101 2021 offer holders

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anneka1234
Good luck!! hopefully see you in september!!

thank you! :smile: normally i’d be more confident but online exams are just. not it (still, i’m excited to meet everyone. seeing so many interesting career paths i feel quite boring haha)
Original post by jd_97
Yeah London does seem like it'll be very pricey. As long as I can afford rent and a gym membership I'll settle for that and the library 😂 I'm from Newcastle and studied in Liverpool so I'm more suited to northern prices at this point

Honestly what a mood! I’m also from Newcastle and in my final year of my undergrad at Nottingham so not too sure if I can handle the London prices when I’m used to 3 trebs for £5 🥺😂
Reply 42
Original post by StressedStudentU
Honestly what a mood! I’m also from Newcastle and in my final year of my undergrad at Nottingham so not too sure if I can handle the London prices when I’m used to 3 trebs for £5 🥺😂

Hahaha I know. Mind, after 6 years of rugby socials and 4 years of uni I think my trebs days are well behind me fortunately 😂
Original post by Post_Grad_medic
What’s everyone’s background? In terms of degree/occupation etc

Psychology w/ neuroscience grad - spent time working at the Youth Offending Team, Children's Social Care, CAMHS and more recently Sexual Health. I feel like I really need to get my head into science gear before September lol 😅
Reply 44
I'm at work on Wednesday so won't get the chance to do the open day. Would people mind putting any key info in here afterwards please?
Original post by jd_97
I'm at work on Wednesday so won't get the chance to do the open day. Would people mind putting any key info in here afterwards please?

I am in the same position! do you think it will be recorded? I wish they could do it after 5... but that would be very inconvenient for the speakers.. But yes, if people could summarise on here that would be super super useful! x
Hi everyone! 👋

So interesting to hear everyone’s background!

Wondering what will be said tomorrow, really hope they record it. 🤞🏻
(edited 3 years ago)
FYI today's Offer Holder's Meeting is being recorded, so you will be able to view later.
Just an update from the Webinar, from what they said it looks like the SGUL GEM course is down as running for 45 weeks for the purposes of NHS bursary, so that would mean NHS bursary extends to a full 52 weeks for Y2-4 I think. Screenshot 2021-03-17 at 16.04.31.pngScreenshot 2021-03-17 at 16.04.43.png
(edited 3 years ago)
Would this still apply if we asked an official uni page to make it?
Original post by sjanehopkins
FYI today's Offer Holder's Meeting is being recorded, so you will be able to view later.

I think they said they would send it by email FYI
Original post by Post_Grad_medic
I think they said they would send it by email FYI

Did they say when this would be sent?
Did they say when this would be sent?

They didn’t mention specifically I don’t think
Was there anything important said on the offer holders day?
Did they say if the course will be online in september?
Was there anything important said on the offer holders day?
Did they say if the course will be online in september?

This question was asked a lot. They are very much hoping that we will be back to in person teaching but there is no way of knowing when exactly or what the restrictions will be come September.

At one point they even said ‘we wish we had a crystal ball’ 🤣
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by JSTLjack
This question was asked a lot. They are very much hoping that we will be back to in person teaching but there is no way of knowing when exactly what the restrictions will be come September.

At one point they even said ‘we wish we had a crystal ball’ 🤣

Ahhh man so much uncertainty :/ but surely if festivals etc are back in august then uni will be back to normal too?
I would be so annoyed if I paid for accommodation and everything is online and we only need to go in once a week....
fingers crossed its all normal again!!
hey everyone, just firmed St George's so am happy to say will be there in September.

Currently I'm in my last year of BSc Biochem so I got into GEM on my first cycle 😅. I already live in London (north London) so will probably be commuting on the Northern Line - shouldn't take too long. Can't wait to meet you all.

Does anyone have an idea of when we do the occupational health check? I'm going to be going abroad to see family from May-August so don't know if it's possible for me to do this before i go? Already emailed but yet to get a reply
Original post by ltfd99
Literally me 😂 Think I’m gonna need a regular weekend bender to cope with the stress of the course ahaha

count me in too, haven't had a night out in months - forgot what it's like 😭
Reply 58
Original post by bulgylau
count me in too, haven't had a night out in months - forgot what it's like 😭

June 21st can’t come sooner 😂🙌🏼
Original post by ltfd99
June 21st can’t come sooner 😂🙌🏼

I just cant wait for restaurants to open in April!!! even if it is hailing I'll be al fresco dining.... I have booked every weekend up till 5th June lolll >.<

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending