The Student Room Group

ICL A100 2021 Offer Holders

Scroll to see replies

Original post by becausethenight
For Imperial, after results day - you don't need to firm early to get accom AFAIK.
In terms of being close to SK but not paying through the nose, Wilson, Pembridge (where I am!) and Parsons are good options? Would also bear in mind that at least this year 80%+ of our on campus time has been at Charing Cross Hospital where the Dissection Rooms and clinical skills labs are, and on placement which can be anywhere in West London.

Thanks so much for the info!:smile:
Original post by isabelmarant
Thanks so much for the info!:smile:

PRSOM :smile:
mother****ers im joining the party cmonnnnn
Original post by Bigreshe

WOO. Congratulations on the offer! 🎉
Original post by Medic_20
WOO. Congratulations on the offer! 🎉

tyy man
heyyy guys :smile: hoping to see everyone soon this october!!

lets gooo congrats!!!
congrats to everyone who joined the thread! ❤️ I’m excited to meet all of you in Sept!
Just a reminder guys that external groupchats aren't allowed on TSR - we don't know who makes and joins them so it's for your safety. You can use this thread to chat.
I know ICSMSU made an official one last year but that will be advertised to you via Imperial so you know it's legit.
What type of iPad is it, if you don't mind me asking? I was actually just thinking of getting an iPad myself, but if Imperial gives one to medical students then I don't need to spend that money anymore :P

Mine was during COVID so unlikely to be representative :lol: @AnnaBananana will know what it's usually like.

Essentially for the first 2 weeks you have introductory lectures explaining what the course is like and how it's structured which are quite chill, so except at the weekend there's uni stuff to go to. You have an occupational health appointment then as well and collect your iPad and ID card.
Most of the actual "Fresher's Fortnight" is organised by ICSU and ICSMSU (so you can go to both the medic's events and the Imperial events) and then clubs and socs will organise their own things too, usually pub nights. There's a societies fair for ICSU and ICSM which is usually where you find out what socs are doing, get on mailing lists etc. Ours were online and pretty terrible. The events are fairly typicaly uni things: a quiz, 'speed friending', a RAG treasure hunt, sport taster sessions, volunteering training sessions etc. Have a look at: https://www.icsmsu.com/freshers-space/ for way much more info on what Freshers 2020 was like :biggrin:
Original post by nception
What type of iPad is it, if you don't mind me asking? I was actually just thinking of getting an iPad myself, but if Imperial gives one to medical students then I don't need to spend that money anymore :P

Um, the latest full size one, so 10.2 I think?
Definitely do not get your own iPad :lol:
Um, the latest full size one, so 10.2 I think?
Definitely do not get your own iPad :lol:

if only you could sort of pay them extra so that you can get the ipad pro instead
does any1 know when we will be sent the DBS forms? or were they in track in the links they sent?
does any1 know when we will be sent the DBS forms? or were they in track in the links they sent?

Last year we were sent the application forms in like...April for a 30th June deadline - I wouldn't stress about it. The deadline then got extended due to COVID anyway.
Reply 74
how is accommodation allocated? I read somewhere that we put 5 choices and we randomly get allocated one. Is this true?
wait do we need to send forms b4 we firm or can we firm then fill in forms
Hi guys!
Has any1 already firmed imperial? If so have u sent in any forms yet?
Original post by dbshbdj
how is accommodation allocated? I read somewhere that we put 5 choices and we randomly get allocated one. Is this true?

Yes. You’re also not guaranteed one of your choices, so you might get allocated something else too.
Yes. You’re also not guaranteed one of your choices, so you might get allocated something else too.

is it first come first served

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending