The Student Room Group

St Dominic's applicants for 2020/2021

Hey, I applied for a place in st doms for the next academic year and now that people have started getting offers, I wanted to create a place where year 11s who are considering going could chat and give advice and ask questions, I've found from reading other tsr discussions that this could be helpful so I've created an up to date one :smile:

Also, anyone who is currently/previously at st doms please give any advice you have for us down below, it would be really helpful!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
did you get an offer today ?
heyy guys,
I got an offer today,... anyone else?
Original post by alvinagiala
heyy guys,
I got an offer today,... anyone else?

Original post by tetema
did you get an offer today ?

yeah i got an offer
Original post by cookiesandcream9
yeah i got an offer

That's great 👍
Reply 5
yeah i got an offer

That's great 👍

I got one too
Is this the group chat for st dominics sixth form college in harrow?
I got an offer too but am a little conflicted as to whether I should accept it. Any students or ex-students who could give me a real insight??
Original post by tetema
I got one too

Congratulations 👏
Original post by kavita2002
Is this the group chat for st dominics sixth form college in harrow?

Yes
Original post by ViperStudent
I got an offer too but am a little conflicted as to whether I should accept it. Any students or ex-students who could give me a real insight??

I was looking for something like this as well,....
Reply 11
Congratulations 👏

thank you 🥳you too
Original post by ViperStudent

I was looking for something like this as well,....

yeah same, I wanted to know as well

editing to add some questions: if any current/ex students could answer this it would be really helpful!
- how much is the workload compared to other sixth forms and colleges around the area?
- how much do they focus on grades?
- what's the dress code like?
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 13
yeah same, I wanted to know as well

editing to add some questions: if any current/ex students could answer this it would be really helpful!
- how much is the workload compared to other sixth forms and colleges around the area?
- how much do they focus on grades?
- what's the dress code like?

It depends on what subjects you do if ur wondering about the workload, for one of my subjects i get no homework at all whilst my other subjects i get given a lot, so it varies, but during sixth form ur just expected to constantly be on top of work, so just make sure u make ur revision notes after like every topic u finish. They focus on ur grades quite a lot, but teachers are generally supportive. I haven't been getting the highest grades and teachers aren't getting angry, they just wanna help me improve tbh. And for dress code u can literally wear anything u want tbh no one really cares, i mainly wear joggers everyday and its fine so yeaaa, hope this helpss
Original post by ritana862
It depends on what subjects you do if ur wondering about the workload, for one of my subjects i get no homework at all whilst my other subjects i get given a lot, so it varies, but during sixth form ur just expected to constantly be on top of work, so just make sure u make ur revision notes after like every topic u finish. They focus on ur grades quite a lot, but teachers are generally supportive. I haven't been getting the highest grades and teachers aren't getting angry, they just wanna help me improve tbh. And for dress code u can literally wear anything u want tbh no one really cares, i mainly wear joggers everyday and its fine so yeaaa, hope this helpss

Heyyy, do they have music lessons there?
Reply 15
Sorry I’m not actually too suree, I do law economics and politics and none of my friends do music either, sorryy!!
Sorry I’m not actually too suree, I do law economics and politics and none of my friends do music either, sorryy!!

No problem , thank you!!!:smile:

What was Politics and Law like? Also which one do you think was taught better and you preferred?
Thanks.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 18
I personally lovee law even though I’m not even any good at it, my teacher is just really good and I never really get bored in his class. Politics is an interesting subject but it can be quite hard. I would prob say I prefer law but my friends also absolutely love politics so I guess it’s just preference. There’s only 1 teacher for law which I have and there’s like 2 teachers for politics so I’m not sure what the other teacher is like for that. Also I’m only in year 12 so Im not sure how much harder or different each subject is gonna get in the next few months
Great, that is really helpful, Do you know anything about Business Studies at the school?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending