The Student Room Group

Subject Selection A Levels

I wanted to ask that which subject would make a good pair with Business and Law? As two subjects I have finalised are Business and Law. Should I choose Economics instead of Accounting (Iam weak in Eco and Acc both)?
Reply 1
See what uni courses would want you to have for a degree you interested in maybe ?
Original post by Zoraiz80
I wanted to ask that which subject would make a good pair with Business and Law? As two subjects I have finalised are Business and Law. Should I choose Economics instead of Accounting (Iam weak in Eco and Acc both)?

What are you aiming to do as a career?
Reply 3
Original post by miao8
See what uni courses would want you to have for a degree you interested in maybe ?

I might take law or business in Uni but I am confused with Economics or Accounts as a third subject in A levels. Iam an IGCSE student currently and will start my A levels this August
Reply 4
Original post by emek4official
What are you aiming to do as a career?

Iam planning to do something in Law field such as Crime Investigation officer or CSS to become Deputy Commissioner. And with that I might take Business in Uni if Law does not suits me. Right now I am confused between two subjects to pick as a third subject for my A levels as I am currently student of IGCSE and will start my A levels this August.
I might take law or business in Uni but I am confused with Economics or Accounts as a third subject in A levels. Iam an IGCSE student currently and will start my A levels this August

I think you should look at the specifications for the subjects and look at the past papers to see if you like the course content and examinations. Also, look at university entry requirements and see what they say.
Reply 6

Economics is defiantly more broad of a subject which you may even look into accounts on it (idk the syllabus though) .

Hi there,

I am currently a student at Portsmouth University.

Subjects that compliment business and law are maths, economics, accounting. But not limited to these and can be put with many a-levels. Depending what you want to do at university. I would recommend choosing a subject based on what you are good at and what you enjoy.

I hope this helps
Ethan - UOP Rep

Quick Reply

Latest