The Student Room Group

Provisional license application

Hi my name is Andrew, I'm trying to apply for my first application how ever becasue I havent got a UK passport I have to get someone with a profession and has a full driving license to complete part 2 of my application how ever due to my mental health making be housebound for 7 years only past couple months I took the big step to come out of been housebound I feel like I'm in no man's land having no friends and just moving to a new area places like a GP or other health services can't do it you need to of knowing them atleast 2 years has anyone got some advice? Thanks
Go back to your old GP
Reply 2
Original post by Andrew38.
Hi my name is Andrew, I'm trying to apply for my first application how ever becasue I havent got a UK passport I have to get someone with a profession and has a full driving license to complete part 2 of my application how ever due to my mental health making be housebound for 7 years only past couple months I took the big step to come out of been housebound I feel like I'm in no man's land having no friends and just moving to a new area places like a GP or other health services can't do it you need to of knowing them atleast 2 years has anyone got some advice? Thanks

Unlike a passport, you don't need someone in a special list of professions...

The criteria is as follows:

"The person signing the form and photo must:

- hold a valid GB photocard driving licence
- be resident in the UK
- know you personally (for 2+ years)
- not be a relative
- not be living at the same address as you".

Do you have any friends who hold a driving licence? Yes? Good. There's your countersignatory.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by IWMTom
Unlike a passport, you don't need someone in a special list of professions...

The criteria is as follows:

"The person signing the form and photo must:

- hold a valid GB photocard driving licence
- be resident in the UK
- know you personally (for 2+ years)
- not be a relative
- not be living at the same address as you".

Do you have any friends who hold a driving licence? Yes? Good. There's your countersignatory.

First of all really appreciate you been here to try help me out , I assumed my mental health nurse would be most appropriate but when he looked at it becasue only known me a year couldn't do it , with spending 7 years housebound and finally taking huge step coming out of been housebound due to my mental health diagnosis making me have a fear of going outside comes with that is having no friends plus moving to a new area regestiring with new services like GP + other medical services offered to do it but when I went to take it to them explained don't know me well enough ,I called passport office just abit of advice if this was me dealing with them in a passport sanario what they advised me to do is write a note to put in the evenlope explain your circumstances very unsure it's gonna work but guess all can do is try
Reply 4
Original post by Andrew38.
First of all really appreciate you been here to try help me out , I assumed my mental health nurse would be most appropriate but when he looked at it becasue only known me a year couldn't do it , with spending 7 years housebound and finally taking huge step coming out of been housebound due to my mental health diagnosis making me have a fear of going outside comes with that is having no friends plus moving to a new area regestiring with new services like GP + other medical services offered to do it but when I went to take it to them explained don't know me well enough ,I called passport office just abit of advice if this was me dealing with them in a passport sanario what they advised me to do is write a note to put in the evenlope explain your circumstances very unsure it's gonna work but guess all can do is try

Is this not for a provisional licence?
Do any of your relatives have friends you could ask? Even if they don't know you well they'd be aware you exist.....

As someone else said your old GP or any old teachers could help.

I'd definitely write a note with it to explain

That's very unfortunate that you lost your friends by being housebound. I really feel for you there.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending