The Student Room Group

I'm done

I’m 20 and Im bored in my life just with what's going on. Because of this, I am depressed, lacking motivation and have no goals in life.

I just feel so unhappy with life right now, it's hard to focus properly right now. I have no one to turn to for advice, no one understands and just thinks I am lazy etc.

I live with my parents, but I want to move out , I would much rather be on my own living with mates or a girlfriend but I'm a short guy, I'm 5 foot 5 if that so I will never get a girl plus consideringthe fact I just **** myself in social situations andmy personality sucks. I am ****ing loser , I'm ****ing 20, living at home with parents and unemployed, it's a **** situation to be in but no one understands. If you understood what I went through then you would understand.

Sometimes I just feel like crying. I am a grown 20 year old guy and I want to cry. I have almost zero social life, very few friends because I have grown apart and distanced myself from people, so I pretty much live in solitude 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Do I want this life? Of course I don't, but I don't know how to change. Each day, week, month seems to pass so fast and next thing I am a year older with still no direction. Especially in the pandemic.

I am frustrated and annoyed at myself too for not changing, but it's hard when you have nothing worthwhile or good in your life. Very little family, hardly any friends, no girlfriend or even female acquaintances, no job, no career or life goals etc.

What do I do? All I can do is ask questions on here to a bunch of kids who are probably way younger than me , nor care too much, but I have no one else to turn to, so this is all I've got.

Scroll to see replies

the lockdown is ending soon. make an effort to join a social club or a church or something where you can be with other people.
Reply 2
Set yourself a goal and boost that motivation.
Try and get a job anywhere like I mean anywhere and work up. You have to start somewhere.
go out more and contact your friends and remember the quote from the greatest showman "you don't need everyone to like you just a few good people"
Yeah hth
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by the bear
the lockdown is ending soon. make an effort to join a social club or a church or something where you can be with other people.

No guarantee and even if it does do you I can just join a social club like that? Wake up and "yeah let's join a social club", I wish, its not that simple and if it was I would do it now
Reply 4
Original post by a_w_
Set yourself a goal and boost that motivation.
Try and get a job anywhere like I mean anywhere and work up. You have to start somewhere.
go out more and contact your friends and remember the quote from the greatest showman "you don't need everyone to like you just a few good people"
Yeah hth

What goals though?
Original post by Anonymous
I’m 20 and Im bored in my life just with what's going on. Because of this, I am depressed, lacking motivation and have no goals in life.

I just feel so unhappy with life right now, it's hard to focus properly right now. I have no one to turn to for advice, no one understands and just thinks I am lazy etc.

I live with my parents, but I want to move out , I would much rather be on my own living with mates or a girlfriend but I'm a short guy, I'm 5 foot 5 if that so I will never get a girl plus consideringthe fact I just **** myself in social situations andmy personality sucks. I am ****ing loser , I'm ****ing 20, living at home with parents and unemployed, it's a **** situation to be in but no one understands. If you understood what I went through then you would understand.

Sometimes I just feel like crying. I am a grown 20 year old guy and I want to cry. I have almost zero social life, very few friends because I have grown apart and distanced myself from people, so I pretty much live in solitude 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Do I want this life? Of course I don't, but I don't know how to change. Each day, week, month seems to pass so fast and next thing I am a year older with still no direction. Especially in the pandemic.

I am frustrated and annoyed at myself too for not changing, but it's hard when you have nothing worthwhile or good in your life. Very little family, hardly any friends, no girlfriend or even female acquaintances, no job, no career or life goals etc.

What do I do? All I can do is ask questions on here to a bunch of kids who are probably way younger than me , nor care too much, but I have no one else to turn to, so this is all I've got.

you can do this.
make a list of Goals, thing you want to achieve. Any everyday work towards them.
Start going to the gym. Be confident in yourself, because you can do it, you just have to believe in yourself.
Hope this helps x
Reply 6
Original post by Qxi.xli
you can do this.
make a list of Goals, thing you want to achieve. Any everyday work towards them.
Start going to the gym. Be confident in yourself, because you can do it, you just have to believe in yourself.
Hope this helps x

Just want my life over and done with tbh

relax, i'm 19 and in the exact situation as you. had this extestential crisis last month. the feeling will pass, and things are opening up soon again. find any job because it will develop ur social skills. good luck!!!
Reply 8
What goals though?

anything I'll give you a start

Tomorrow I will get 10,000 steps
Reply 9
Original post by a_w_

Sure
relax, i'm 19 and in the exact situation as you. had this extestential crisis last month. the feeling will pass, and things are opening up soon again. find any job because it will develop ur social skills. good luck!!!

Appreciated
Reply 11

Have you posted about this on here before?
Just want my life over and done with tbh

Don't say that 😢 I'm having a *****y day too lol but we can do this haha😢

It is really hard getting started, but getting started is the hardest you'll have to work. Once you start moving in the right direction things become so much easier, you just have to take that first step tbh.
Original post by Kerzen
Have you posted about this on here before?

I posted last year and was in the same position
Reply 14
Original post by a_w_

Day 2: I will make my bed and clean my room
day 3: I will contact someone I want to get closer with
day 4: I will go for a walk somewhere new
day 5: I will try new meals and have a healthy day
day 6: focus on skincare maybe buy a face mask
Day 7: I will try a workout online

there you go... That's a whole week!
you will feel so much better even after doing these simple goals

you are taller than the average woman so don't use your height as a reason you wont get girls
Reply 16
I posted last year and was in the same position

I thought there was something familiar about your post.
Original post by a_w_
Day 2: I will make my bed and clean my room
day 3: I will contact someone I want to get closer with
day 4: I will go for a walk somewhere new
day 5: I will try new meals and have a healthy day
day 6: focus on skincare maybe buy a face mask
Day 7: I will try a workout online

there you go... That's a whole week!
you will feel so much better even after doing these simple goals

Decent advice tbf
Cheers
you are taller than the average woman so don't use your height as a reason you wont get girls

Alright
Original post by Kerzen
I thought there was something familiar about your post.

OK, do you have any suggestions

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending