The Student Room Group

A guy literally tried opening my door im so scared

please I’m shaking as I’m typing this. My whole family is asleep. I was in the living room and I saw the door opening and the letterbox thing a spoon was going thought it. What do I do. How do tell my parents pls help I feel so unsafe
I pressed anonymous on accident please help I’m so scared I’m only 15 what do I do
Reply 2
No I ran upstairs so fast and then I looked out the window and he sped of in his car. Idk what to do. I feel so unsafe in my area. I’m so scared
Reply 3
No we just moved in
Reply 4
Most the doors are locked except the outside one and I’m too scared to close it
Reply 5
Do I call the police?
Reply 6
Could be a drunk fool with a spoon, being strange...

Or it may have been someone trying to see inside either by just opening to letterbox or possibly trying to see any reflection in the spoon.

They’ve gone now, which is the main thing. So take a deep breath, make sure the doors and windows are locked and try to relax for the night. Have a chat with your parents in the morning and explain to them what happened.

A piece of advice: if you/your parents keep house keys or car keys really close to the front door I’d recommend moving them somewhere further away. Years ago we had some guys going round my old neighbourhood, and using things to grab car keys through letter boxes. So I’ve kept my house keys on a hook on the wall about 2-3m away from the door ever since.

Hope you manage to get to sleep soon
Original post by Anonymous
No I ran upstairs so fast and then I looked out the window and he sped of in his car. Idk what to do. I feel so unsafe in my area. I’m so scared

Oh this must have been a really frightening experience for you. It reminds me of when I was 14 amity my mom and we were just chilling at around 11pm and a big drunk guy tries to break through the door suddenly and reaches his hand almost grabbing my mom. It was really a scary experience but he eventually went away after I threatened to beat him up. Anyway it turns out he was the neighbour and had a rough night and even apologised. At the moment this seems like a difficult situation but that’s life filled with tough things like this.
I do hope you feel better soon.
Reply 8
Thank youu 🥺
Original post by Aimee310
Could be a drunk fool with a spoon, being strange...

Or it may have been someone trying to see inside either by just opening to letterbox or possibly trying to see any reflection in the spoon.

They’ve gone now, which is the main thing. So take a deep breath, make sure the doors and windows are locked and try to relax for the night. Have a chat with your parents in the morning and explain to them what happened.

A piece of advice: if you/your parents keep house keys or car keys really close to the front door I’d recommend moving them somewhere further away. Years ago we had some guys going round my old neighbourhood, and using things to grab car keys through letter boxes. So I’ve kept my house keys on a hook on the wall about 2-3m away from the door ever since.

Hope you manage to get to sleep soon

Thank you so much for this 🥺
Reply 9
Original post by Mustafa2021
Oh this must have been a really frightening experience for you. It reminds me of when I was 14 amity my mom and we were just chilling at around 11pm and a big drunk guy tries to break through the door suddenly and reaches his hand almost grabbing my mom. It was really a scary experience but he eventually went away after I threatened to beat him up. Anyway it turns out he was the neighbour and had a rough night and even apologised. At the moment this seems like a difficult situation but that’s life filled with tough things like this.
I do hope you feel better soon.

That must’ve been very scary.. thank you soo much 🥺🥰
Yeah I’m very tired but I just can’t fall asleep I’m so paranoid rn 😅 but thanks
Wake up your parents and tell them. Given that I don't know where a drunk would get hold of a spoon (it's not like pubs are open), it was probably a thieving junkie trying the door. Smackheads are fond of spoons.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending