The Student Room Group

Medical school Placement

For medical students on placement are you allowed to wear
black trainers ?
Original post by yknas1732
black trainers ?

Im not a medical student but I did go on a ward round once and was told off by the consultant for wearing a t shirt and jeans with trainers, so Id say avoid the black trainers and wear dress shoes
might know?

I think trainers aren't uncommon for people to wear with scrubs in hospitals but, I might be wrong. Do you have a tutor who organises the placements whom you could ask about dress code for placements?
(edited 2 years ago)
black trainers ?

If you can't easily see they are trainers it'd probably be fine. Especially if its a ward type environment with lots of moving around, rather than sitting in a clinic. You'd probably be in a minority if you did it though.

I think there's a bit of regional variation too, with London being more formal. So I hear.

Original post by gogrizz123
Im not a medical student but I did go on a ward round once and was told off by the consultant for wearing a t shirt and jeans with trainers, so Id say avoid the black trainers and wear dress shoes

Well yeah - you wore jeans and a t-shirt to a professional environment - of course he said something. Don't think the problem was your lack of dress shoes there!
yeah it was work experience and I thought I was gonna be in theatres that day so I didnt think about what I was wearing lol
black trainers ?

I wouldn’t on day one but then gage based on how nice your firm is/what they wear - you do hear about consultants raging over trainers. It’s much harder to go ‘too formal’ than too casual so if in doubt dress up?

On placement today the reg had some lovely red converse and matching spotty socks :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending