The Student Room Group

M1 speed camars

Can you get flashed on opposite side of motorway 2 days now same camara I was going south bound the camara was north bound and flashed..
Around Junction 35 ish m1

Might be coincidental some was there speeding but it's racking my brain cells
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 1
No in this country cameras can not flash into your face. There is however the truvelo camera which doesn't flash however its only used on A roads.
Reply 2
Original post by GMan455
No in this country cameras can not flash into your face. There is however the truvelo camera which doesn't flash however its only used on A roads.

Thanks
Reply 3
So the motorway speed camaras on side of posts will only get the side there on ?
Reply 4
Original post by GMan455

They do flash, but with infrared light instead of visible light.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by IWMTom

I am on about the motor way vari camars not a road cameras
Reply 6
Original post by simon1214
I am on about the motor way vari camars not a road cameras

I didn't reply to you.
Reply 7
Original post by IWMTom

Not from the other side of a motorway they wouldn't. Cameras on a motorway are Gatso and they work on a white light not infrared.

Truvelo works on an infra red light and doesn't flash but its not used on motorways
Reply 8
Original post by GMan455
Not from the other side of a motorway they wouldn't. Cameras on a motorway are Gatso and they work on a white light not infrared.

Truvelo works on an infra red light and doesn't flash but its not used on motorways

I'm well aware thanks, I am not referring whatsoever to motorways. Please read the quoted post.

If it helps, I can go and bold the specific part of your inaccurate post?

EDIT: I have bolded and underlined the part of the quote that was inaccurate.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by IWMTom
I'm well aware thanks, I am not referring whatsoever to motorways. Please read the quoted post.

If it helps, I can go and bold the specific part of your inaccurate post?

EDIT: I have bolded and underlined the part of the quote that was inaccurate.

Well this post is about motorways so do 1
Reply 10
Original post by GMan455

Cheers just 2 days on trot it's flash but I was on south bound and cam was on North bound probs was another car speeding but just weird
Reply 11
Well this post is about motorways so do 1

Again, I'm well aware. You must be new here.......
Reply 12
Original post by IWMTom
Again, I'm well aware. You must be new here.......

Yes I am so your saying that motorway cams can get you form both sides so if am traveling north bound and cam is in South bound in vari zone
Reply 13
Yes I am so your saying that motorway cams can get you form both sides so if am traveling north bound and cam is in South bound in vari zone

No.

At what point during this thread did I say anything like that???
Reply 14
Original post by IWMTom
No.

At what point during this thread did I say anything like that???

I don't kno who u been talking to all I want to kno is bout that my post not sumthing else how hard is it
Reply 15
I don't kno who u been talking to all I want to kno is bout that my post not sumthing else how hard is it

If you were capable of reading you'd see exactly who I've been talking to, and it wasn't you!

You've already had the answer to your question; the answer is NO.
Original post by GMan455

They do flash, but in the infrared region of light (which is why they're allowed to flash from in front of you) :yy:

FYI: https://www.speedcamerasuk.com/truvelo-d-cam.htm
Can you get flashed on opposite side of motorway 2 days now same camara I was going south bound the camara was north bound and flashed..
Around Junction 35 ish m1

Might be coincidental some was there speeding but it's racking my brain cells

No, the flash you are seeing is from the HADECS 3 camera on the other side of the road. They flash if they catch someone (obviously) and when the camera's control unit periodically restarts every so often (according to someone I know who helped design them for Highways England). I've seen it happen lots of times.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 18
Cheers just 2 days on trot it's flash but I was on south bound and cam was on North bound probs was another car speeding but just weird

Seriously don't worry about it my Mrs best mate is a motoring lawyer. I asked her and she said if they send a ticket she will be very very surprised as they work going away not towards them.
Reply 19
Original post by IWMTom
If you were capable of reading you'd see exactly who I've been talking to, and it wasn't you!

You've already had the answer to your question; the answer is NO.

Who rattled your cage ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending