The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

only demi i know is lovato
Reply 2
I don’t get why there’s a special name for that, shouldn’t being attracted to someone you have an emotional bond with be normal
Reply 3
Original post by GnomioandJules
Seriously you just made that up feel special right?

Original post by Ten-Ten
I don’t get why there’s a special name for that, shouldn’t being attracted to someone you have an emotional bond with be normal

I'm not sure how to explain it because I cant explain things but I don't think demisexuality is normal. I don't want to sound all egotistical but there's a thread on reddit that explains this properly and no it's not made up. Allosexual generally find it difficult to understand demisexuality
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 4
da fak is a demisexual?

im a tilygermander......

Congratulations
Reply 5
thank you
In all seriousness i identify as Michael Jackson and my pronouns are hee hee!

Hi
I found this on reddit that explains it
"
Demisexuality is a way to describe how our sexuality operates but it doesn't describe who we are attracted to. It's not an orientation. What the person got wrong that it is real. We aren't broken, just different. It's annoying when people say 'everyone is like this' or 'most people are like this'. They think that desire and arousal are somehow put off 'for now' in literally everyone? No. This is what used to be called "a romantic" who wait for love to act of desires. They feel it long before they have sex. We literally do not feel those things until after the bond is formed. We don't see models and get any kind of sexual response. They are just another face. But that describes how you desire not who you desire. It's very much a part of your sexuality but it's not an orientation. Gay guy into otters and twinks, gay is the orientation not that he's only attracted to otters and twinks.

edit:

Heterosexual sexually attracted to opposite genderHomosexual attracted to same genderBisexual attracted to both gendersPansexual attracted to all genders and nonbinary gendersAsexual not sexually attracted

Polyarmorous is not an orientation. You can be straight and poly or pan and poly. Adipophilia / chubby-chaser is not an orientation. You can be gay and chase, bi and chase, etc. Demisexual is not an orientation. I am a demi myself. But the word describes how my sexuality 'works.' I am an asexual. With the exception of two men, there's about 7,500,000,000 people I do not experience arousal, desire, or attraction to. Even if you localize it to white men in my city aged 30-34, that's a 0.0000602809% chance of me being attracted to you.

It's all right that not everything can fix into a single box. Humanity is more complicated than that."
Original post by starmoney
So recently I have accepted my sexuality and it makes me feel so much better understanding myself more and knowing there are people who are like me.

Are there other demisexuals on here and how did you realise what your sexuality is?

I’m classed as Demi sexual even though I don’t like putting labels on myself

I honestly didn’t know it was a thing before this YouTuber who I watch regularly ( who’s asexual ) started mentioning its apart of asexuality.

I then asked my friends on how they perceive people they find attractive and their answers were completely different to mine. Like for example if I see someone handsome I don’t automatically think oh I would love for them to sh*g me unless we both were in love love, like I would just admire their face but apparently that’s not normal???

But it’s not that odd as everyone makes it out to be.
Reply 7
I'm not sure how to explain it because I cant explain things but I don't think demisexuality is normal. I don't want to sound all egotistical but there's a thread on reddit that explains this properly and no it's not made up. Allosexual generally find it difficult to understand demisexuality

I get it but nowadays it seems like, in a non-offence way, that people are just making up sexualities to be seen as different. Like being part of the lgb (and other alphabets) is a trend. Not saying you are doing that but I just don’t get the point of this sexuality
Reply 8
me :proud: :five:

well i didn't realise it till my ex partner said to me that i don't know what lust is and have never experienced lust in the way heterosexuals do and think, so had to re-evaluate myself.
Reply 9
Original post by Ten-Ten
I get it but nowadays it seems like, in a non-offence way, that people are just making up sexualities to be seen as different. Like being part of the lgb (and other alphabets) is a trend. Not saying you are doing that but I just don’t get the point of this sexuality

This post maybe the dumbest thing i have ever had the misfortune of reading

@GnomioandJules is just ignorant

But demisexuality is part of the asexuality spectrum. Most people aren't on the asexuality spectrum.
(edited 2 years ago)
@GnomioandJules is just ignorant

But demisexuality is part of the asexuality spectrum. Most people aren't on the asexuality spectrum.

True. Maybe it’s just the way society has developed, what used to be normal isn’t normal anymore so you kind of have to call it something else. I personally don’t think demisexual is something special but relationships based off lust or other aspects seem to be the norm nowadays so I can see why a relationship based off an emotional bond seems different. All in all, good for you 🙂
Reply 11
Original post by Ten-Ten

I've been attracted to loads of women to whom I have had no bond at all, let alone an emotional one

Attraction is separate to relationships, actions, sex etc
Reply 12
they are part of the make believe spectrum.

I identify as Mr T. my pronouns are pity and fool

You're acephobic.
There is a difference between not understanding it and saying it doesn't exist.
Suit yourself.
Reply 13
Original post by gjd800
I've been attracted to loads of women to whom I have had no bond at all, let alone an emotional one

Do you consider yourself on the asexuality spectrum?
Reply 14
im a two spirt person!

who comes up with these.

Elaborate
Original post by gjd800

Ohhhh it’s not specific to relationships. So they wouldn’t have like celebrity crushes?
Reply 16
Do you consider yourself on the asexuality spectrum?

Well no, why would I? As I have said, I have been attracted to loads of women that I do not have any sort of bond with, and I think a lot (maybe most) people have experienced this
Reply 17
and you are delusional.

There are two genders Male and Female.

You've exposed yourself well done.
Reply 18
Original post by gjd800
Well no, why would I? As I have said, I have been attracted to loads of women that I do not have any sort of bond with, and I think a lot (maybe most) people have experienced this

Exactly and demisexuality is on the asexuality spectrum...
Reply 19
Original post by Ten-Ten
Ohhhh it’s not specific to relationships. So they wouldn’t have like celebrity crushes?

Exactly.

I hazard they possibly could have celebrity crushes because some people of all persuasions delude themselves into thinking there are bonds there when there are not, but those of a more level headed disposition I guess wouldn't? It's a good question - maybe the others could answer, @Joleee?
(edited 2 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending