The Student Room Group

Help! Bath vs Loughborough for Natural Sciences??

I currently have Bath as my firm choice and Lboro as my insurance, but it was so, so hard deciding between the two. I've gone for the 5 year course with a placement year for both unis, and my subject combos will include Chemistry and Biology/Biosciences.

Can anyone help list pros and cons of either uni (specifically NatSci stuff would be useful) at either one?

My gut is telling me Lboro, but I don't know if it's right...
Reply 1
All I know about them is that the two areas are very different. Loughborough is a town. Bath is more expensive. I know people who attended both universities and liked both. Have you visited both areas? There is the weekend to go before the results to do this maybe.
(edited 2 years ago)
bath is smaller than durham
Do you mean you are holding F&I offers for them this year - or is this where you intend to apply for 2022?
Reply 4
Yeah I’ve visited both unis for applicant visit days. I prefer the city of Bath, but I feel like the course at Lboro would suit me more (although I’m a bit apprehensive of their biosciences). This is silly, but Bath’s city style scares me ahah, although I guess I would get used to it.
Reply 5
Original post by McGinger
Do you mean you are holding F&I offers for them this year - or is this where you intend to apply for 2022?

I’m holding F&I offers, but I’m going to defer my place on results day.
Original post by tigerdingo
I’m holding F&I offers, but I’m going to defer my place on results day.

Deferral requests aren't automatically granted - do just be aware of that when you're making your plans.
Reply 7
Original post by KatetheLecturer
Deferral requests aren't automatically granted - do just be aware of that when you're making your plans.

Agh yeah. I have asked both unis on applicant days, and they have seemed to say it's rare to have the deferral requests denied.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending