The Student Room Group

BTEC

Hi , I have just received the results for my BTEC level 1 business. I have got DD, can anyone who is familiar with the grading system tell me my result is better than good or just average.

Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ahmed 002
Hi , I have just received the results for my BTEC level 1 business. I have got DD, can anyone who is familiar with the grading system tell me my result is better than good or just average.

Thanks

That's an amazing grade, it's two distinctions!

You should be proud of yourself well done :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Hazelly
That's an amazing grade, it's two distinctions!

You should be proud of yourself well done :smile:

Hey thank you. Did you do BTEC? I got all distinctions in each and every unit but I don't why I didn't get D*, but does it really matter?
Hey thank you. Did you do BTEC? I got all distinctions in each and every unit but I don't why I didn't get D*, but does it really matter?

Yes I did a level 3 extended diploma BTEC. Are you going to be doing another year of your BTEC? perhaps that's why.
Reply 4
Original post by Hazelly
Yes I did a level 3 extended diploma BTEC. Are you going to be doing another year of your BTEC? perhaps that's why.

Yes I did level 1 and now I will be starting Level 3 in this September... my tutors have made me skip level 2(which is surely good as I have saved one year)
Reply 5
Yes I did level 1 and now I will be starting Level 3 in this September... my tutors have made me skip level 2(which is surely good as I have saved one year)

So D* can only be achieved after the extended diploma, after level 3?

I'm not too sure what you mean with your tutor skipping a level?
So D* can only be achieved after the extended diploma, after level 3?

Is that what you're doing, a level 3 diploma?
Reply 8
Original post by Hazelly
I'm not too sure what you mean with your tutor skipping a level?

I have been promoted to level 3 instead level 2 on the basis of my performance
Reply 9
Original post by Hazelly
Is that what you're doing, a level 3 diploma?

I will be starting level 3 this Sept, i have just completed level 1
(edited 2 years ago)
I will be starting level 3 this Sept, i have just completed level 1

So you didn't skip level 2 then?

Usually how a level 3 diploma works is that you do your foundation year in which you gain one grade (e.g. D - Distinction). Then in your second year you're focused on achieving all three grades (e.g., DDD). If that makes sense?
Reply 11
Original post by Hazelly
So you didn't skip level 2 then?

Usually how a level 3 diploma works is that you do your foundation year in which you gain one grade (e.g. D - Distinction). Then in your second year you're focused on achieving all three grades (e.g., DDD). If that makes sense?

Crystal clear. Could I have achieved D* D* in Level 1 or the highest in Level 1 is D?
Crystal clear. Could I have achieved D* D* in Level 1 or the highest in Level 1 is D?

Level 1 is a D or D*

I'm not sure how you got DD at level 1 though?

@brainzistheword am I right? (I'm trying to remember how I was graded two years ago :laugh: - hope you don't mind me tagging you!)
Reply 13
Original post by Hazelly
Level 1 is a D or D*

@brainzistheword am I right? (I'm trying to remember how I was graded two years ago :laugh: - hope you don't mind me tagging you!)

LOL idk but I got DD
Original post by Hazelly
Level 1 is a D or D*

Thanks for the tag :smile:

I think you're right and it's one grade at Level 1. The only way I can see @Ahmed 002 getting two grades is if you have completed enough units to gain the credits for those two grades.

Did you take any additional/optional units once your tutor decided you should skip a level? I'm just wondering if your D*D* grade has come about because you've studied Level 2 units as well...
Reply 15
Original post by brainzistheword
Thanks for the tag :smile:

I think you're right and it's one grade at Level 1. The only way I can see @Ahmed 002 getting two grades is if you have completed enough units to gain the credits for those two grades.

Did you take any additional/optional units once your tutor decided you should skip a level? I'm just wondering if your D*D* grade has come about because you've studied Level 2 units as well...

My tutors decided the skipping of a level after the completion of all units. I don't really think I have done anything related to Level 2 .. I think I have only done L1 and there were total 10 units in it.
D, D is a Destinction and that is equivalent to two Grade A's at BTEC. Well done!
Hey
I did a level 2 BTEC certificate and got an MP. What is it equivalent to?

Thanks

Well done :congrats:. You got distinctions
Reply 19
Original post by MissHokage
Well done :congrats:. You got distinctions

Thank you so much. Congratulations on your result as well.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending