The Student Room Group

Need advice

So my boyfriends parents are split up which is fine but sometimes I feel they dont want me to be around when they have days with him. We are both 20 and have been dating for 3 years. I totally understand when his dad just wants one to one time with him. But somtimes it hurts, I've been really really really looking forward to see the new James bond with my boyfriend, but now I can't see it with him as his dad just wants to see it with him and has already booked the tickets. I know its just a movie but it Hurt a little as it was something I really wanted to do with him but now I'm just going to have to watch it on my own which hurts even more. I don't really know what to do as I can't really confront his dad saying that I wanted to watch it too and have the guilt that I ruined there one to one day. But it also upset me that I never really got the opportunity to even be invited and that I now can't have that special time with him.
Reply 1
Discuss it with your boyfriend. And if you can't sort out anything else, go to the cinema with friends.
Original post by Anonymous
So my boyfriends parents are split up which is fine but sometimes I feel they dont want me to be around when they have days with him. We are both 20 and have been dating for 3 years. I totally understand when his dad just wants one to one time with him. But somtimes it hurts, I've been really really really looking forward to see the new James bond with my boyfriend, but now I can't see it with him as his dad just wants to see it with him and has already booked the tickets. I know its just a movie but it Hurt a little as it was something I really wanted to do with him but now I'm just going to have to watch it on my own which hurts even more. I don't really know what to do as I can't really confront his dad saying that I wanted to watch it too and have the guilt that I ruined there one to one day. But it also upset me that I never really got the opportunity to even be invited and that I now can't have that special time with him.

For some reason I couldn't parse that to begin with - I was trying to figure out who this "new James" person was and why you wanted to see him bond with your boyfriend.

Anyway I agree with Surnia - this sounds like an issue you could talk through with your boyfriend. Maybe he could ask his dad if you could come too?
Original post by Anonymous

Omg grow up, it's just a James Bond film, you're 20 act like it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending